Chapter 9: What went wrong?

Toni's POV:

I stand there, Cheryl lying on the floor knocked out cold. The only thing running through my mind was what happened? Why? How? What? All these questions in my mind making me unable to focus on the main problem, getting Cheryl safe. I picked her up and rushed her to the outside of my house. I didn't have any cars, only my bike. Just as I started to panic and reach out my phone to call someone to pick us up, Sweet Pea pulled up in his rusty old car. I ran to him with Cheryl in my arms as quickly as I could.

"What the f-"

"Sweet Pea! Please just take us to the hospital. I don't know what happened"

"O-okay" I couldn't tell if he had confusion or panic on his face.

He drove to the hospital as quick as possible. Cheryl was still passed out, her lips starting to get very pale. We got to the hospital and I took her in as quick as possible.

"Please someone- help me!" I yell with tears welling up in my eyes as some nurses come up to me and put her on a stretcher. They rush her into a room and I try to follow.

"Sorry ma'am, you can't come into the room."

"No- don't give me this bullshit. That's my girlfriend and I am staying by her side the entire damn time."

"Ma'am-" She tried speaking again but I pushed past her to quickly open the door to the room and walk in. As I walk in I see Cheryl laying on a hospital bed with many needles and machines attached to her.

Oh my god Cheryl what happened?

Those were the only words repeating in my head.

"Clear!"

I heard a loud gasp and my head popped up.

"Cheryl! Oh my god are you okay? What happened?" I said as I could feel the tears streaming down my face.

"Toni..?"

"Cheryl? What's wrong baby? I love you so much."

"Toni, I don't know. I was just gonna watch some netflix in your bed and I remember feeling dizzy but that's all. I didn't feel good all day today though."

"Have you been hydrating good? Did you hit your head earlier?"

"Yes Toni. Don't worry. I was probably just sick."

"Ma'am I need you to step outside we need to do some tests on Ms. Blossom."

"As I told you before, I'm not leaving her side."

"You have to, it is the law."

"Screw that law." I mumble to myself.

"I love you. I'll be fine."

"I love you too." I say as I walk out of the room on the verge of tears again.

Cheryl's POV:

I could tell Toni was worried. But I knew I would be fine. I knew it was gonna be okay. Even though I knew that, I knew it wouldn't be with Toni. I lied to her. I knew I wasn't sick. I hadn't been feeling good all day, but it wasn't in a sick kind of way. I was terrified about everything with my mother. I was emotionally exhausted from everything that went on. And with the Toni gone it was worse and I was even more worried about her Serpent business. I needed a distraction. So I swallowed a ton of pills, and that's probably the reason I passed out. I told the doctors the story, and after a few more test they concluded that it was all the drugs I had taken that caused my faint. After about a half an hour, they finally let Toni back in.

"Cheryl" Toni said with pain in her voice, her eyes were red and swollen from crying so much.

"Baby." I said with a smile, trying to make her happy again.

"All right ladies, it seems that everything is concluded here so we will give you some alone time then talk to you again later." The doctor said exiting the room.

"Cheryl what happened?"

"Toni, I'm so sorry..." I went on to explain the story.

"Baby oh my gosh if I knew you were dealing with that then I would've stayed home and comforted you!" To my surprise she took it a lot better than I thought she would.

"It's okay, don't think this is your fault. It isn't, okay? You saved me." I said to her in a calm, reassuring voice.

"I love you so much. I have no idea what I would do without you Cher." Toni said, smiling.

"I love you too."

I pulled her in for a long passionate kiss. The only reason we would pull away was because we couldn't breathe. Right as we started to pull away again the doctor walked in-

"Okay well- Oh goodness I'm sorry."

I looked down incredibly blushing harder than ever before. Not because I was embarrassed, but because I was proud to be able to have moments like this with Toni.

"It's fine, Doctor." Toni said with a chuckle.

Then he talked with us for a bit about what I should be doing to recover.

"Alright well it seems we will have a lot of time at home together. Alone." Toni said with a smirk.

"And I know exactly what to do in that time." I said, returning the flirting.

"Should I ask for an extra bed in the room since you have to stay overnight tonight? Or should we share."

"I think we can share." I say back, winking.

"Okay, Cherry."

God did I love this girl.

————————————————————

Yay! Happy ending to this part. I'm sorry, it has been basically forever since I have posted anything. But don't worry, Friday is my last day of school so I think I will be posting more often now. Also, should I do a back to school chapter in a few chapters? I know I haven't really done anything with them at school so I thought that would be fun. Let me know in the comments if you want that. Anyways, thanks for over 1k reads! Love you guys!