Carrie

Carrie White was sitting in the library of Ewen High School. Last Friday she had her first period, and today it had finally started to subside. The girls laughed

(go to your closet)

they always laughed. Momma wasn't any help either. But they would pay. They all would. God doesn't ignore sin.

She realized she hadn't been paying attention to her book and started at the beginning of the page again.

The book was about Telekinesis, the ability to move or to cause changes in objects by force of the mind.

She looked up and saw Tommy Ross across the library. He was talking to Sue Snell and they looked over to her. She could tell they were talking about her.

(of course they are why wouldn't they. that's what they all do why can't they ever stop JUST STOP!)

She saw Sue walking out of the library and Tommy walking turned towards her.

Carrie looked back down into her book and pretended as if she didn't see Tommy. Then she heard him get closer and eventually stop next to her.

She looked up and saw him. She looked into his eyes. They were blue, and then she looked further. Further until she reached his mind. He was thinking about

(prom)

prom. He wanted to go with her.

"Carrie," he started, "Would you happen to be free this Saturday night?"

She looked into his mind. Did he really mean it?

(of course he wouldn't why would he go with me? bring the pig the curse the curse of BLOOD THE CURSE OF BLOOD)

He did. He actually meant it. It was too much to handle. Carrie asked him, "What?"

"The prom. It's Saturday and I was thinking..."

But Carrie didn't listen to the rest.

"I don't like to be tricked," she said, and she ran right out of the library.