Chapter 1

I was walking down the street late a night, when I heard the sound of a pebble being dislodged from one of the many piles surrounding the road. I stopped, sensing that someone was near, and peered behind me into the darkness. I couldn't see anything, so I continued walking until I hit the street to my house.

I looked behind me again, just to make sure there really was no one there and then, to my surprise there was a boy around my age standing about half a meter away from me. "Shit! When you meet a new person, you would usually not scare the crap out of them. *pauses* What's your name, you look... familiar, have we met before?" The boy smirked and replied, "I guess the rumours are true, you don't even recognise me." And with that, he melted into the darkness behind him.

That is what happened a week ago, I think. Was it real, or a dream? Lately I have been having a bit of trouble separating dreams from reality, as they have been so lifelike and well, scary. If that encounter wasn't a dream, then who was that? And why did he talk to me as though we were close? While I was thinking about all this, I was staring at my fan whizzing around and around when I noticed there was a small piece of paper attached to one of the fan blades by a thing white ribbon, which is why I had never noticed it before. I turned the fan off and stared at the paper. It said, 'Meet me at the river park, 9:00PM, 4th of December. I will wait for you there until you find this message. You were always had a sharp eye for things that were out of place.' "4th of December?!" I glanced over at my iPod, which read '6:42, 2nd of December' "Crap" I muttered, "That's in two days, what am I going to do?"