Chapter Two

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groan, rolling over and turning my alarm off. I didn't get much sleep last night, but that's completely normal.

What's not normal, however, is that it wasn't a nightmare that kept me tossing and turning. No, it was the very beautiful specimen I saw at the bar last night. Which brings me to the next thing that is not normal... Me thinking about a man again.

I'm not gay, if that's what you're thinking. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay. It's actually kind of unfortunate that I'm not, since I'll never be able to trust another man again.

I toss the sheets off of me, rolling out of bed and heading for the shower. I jump in, letting the hot water cascade down my body.

My mind starts wandering again and I'm brought back to thinking about the man from the bar. He was so delicious looking.

My nipples harden and I can feel myself becoming wet the more I picture his muscles straining the material of his suit and the way his golden eyes looked at me. Well, what the hell. I think to myself as my hand travels down my body to my most sensitive spot.

**

I hop off the elevator fifteen minutes before my shift actually starts. I'm nervous about meeting the boss today. He's a very successful man, by the looks of the paperwork I already have piling on my desk.

I start separating all of the paperwork. Arrange a meeting. Put away in filing cabinets. Get the boss' signature.

Liz pokes her head in my door on her way by. "Good morning, Iris. You know where to find me if you need any help today," she says with a smile before heading to her cubicle.

I'm just about to pick up the phone when a deep voice comes over my speaker. "Ms. Dickson."

"Yes, sir?" I answer.

"Please come to my office," he cuts off before I have time to answer.

I stand up, straightening my skirt before picking up the paperwork that needs to be signed and head out the door.

I take a deep breath and lightly knock. "Come in," I hear before I slowly turn the knob and push the door open.

He's looking out the window that takes up the whole wall on the far side. It's a beautiful view, looking out over the water where the waves are lapping slowly against the bank.

He turns around slowly, getting ready to say something. His eyes go wide with the shock present on his face. He quickly straightens up, regaining his composure before opening his mouth again to speak.

"Good morning, Ms. Dickson. It's very nice to meet you," he says offering his hand.

I stand there in utter shock, not able to move. It's him. The sex god from the bar. The guy that I just masturbated to this morning in my shower... Is my boss!

He clears his throat, "Ms. Dickson?"

I quickly  shake his hand and offer a small smile, "Likewise, Mr. Hayes."

He gestures to the seat in front of his desk. "I hope Mrs. Lawrence was able to go over everything with you yesterday while I was away," he says as I sit down.

"Yes sir, she was. That reminds me, this paperwork needs to be signed off by you so I can fax it through to the developers. I also set up a meeting for you tomorrow to meet over dinner with them one more time before everything gets finalized," I explain, fidgetting with my hands.

"Perfect, I'll let you get back now."

I stand up and walk towards the door. I turn the knob when I hear him speak up again. "Oh, Ms. Dickson?"

"Yes, sir?" I question.

"You never called," he says with that cocky grin again. I swing the door open a hurry out with my whole body feeling like it's on fire. 

**

I'm finally busting through the front door of my apartment at 6:05. I had stopped off at the small convenient store on my way home to grab a movie and a couple snacks.

I didn't have a bad day by any means, but I needed to relax. I flop down on the couch and put my hands over my eyes. Why can't I get him out of my head? I don't need another man in my life.. Especially my boss of all people I think to myself as my phone starts to ring.

I fish it out of my bag, swiping the answer button and not even looking at the screen. "Hello," I answer.

"Hey bitch. I'm just walking up your horrendous stairs. If I would of known the elevator was broke, I wouldn't have come and I definitely would not have brought food," she huffs as I giggle.

I hang up and unfold the little tables placing them in front of the tv. I just get the movie put in the player when she bangs through the door with her arms full of food from the diner at the end of the block.

She kicks her shoes off and makes herself comfortable on her end of the couch. "So..." she trails off.

I give her a confused look, "What?"

"Did you end up calling him?" she asks.

"No," I say, nibbling on my bottom lip. "I did see him though," I tell her.

She gives me a curious look. "Well?"

"He's my new boss."