Chapter 2

"What should we do Anthony?" Simon asks me as we sat on the floor of the ships prison. "What's the point." I say as I stared blankly at the prison wooden wall. "Anthony.."Wesley whispers, and I look at the two of them. "Don't you realize that she is gone. She had promised Andy we would make it home safely..but.." I couldn't even continue as I thought about that when we did return, she wouldn't be with us.

"But she won't be returning with us.." I whisper as I could just imagine Andy breaking into tears. Simon and Wesley bowed their heads down, as tears fell down Simon's cheek. "I..I didn't think of it like that.." Wesley whispers sadly. And I realized that all of us were hurting, when I heard footsteps above us. I looked up at the wood above us, as I could hear lord Alexei and Lord James voice, which made me glare as I heard there voices. "We sail straight to England, from there..we kill the king and take England first." I hear lord Alexei say as lord James chuckled, and the two walked away. Then the door to our cell opened, and Reo stepped in. "We need to talk." He says, making Simon gulp nervously.

*~*~~*~*

I was looking through our ancient texts for anything on a spell of how to send something into the spirit realm when they weren't dead. But there was nothing in here!

Then Kūki cawed, as he flew down with a book between his feet, and he dropped it in front of me. It was the story of the kemi and how they opened the spirit realm, and how they closed it.

I looked up at Kūki as he was looking at me from his perch up on the side of the  wall. "Lara may not know this, but under that annoying bird demeanour of yours..you are a brilliant bird." I say to him as I rushed out of the library's and towards the elder hall, where everyone was packing up weapons, and sharpening our swords and knives, as well as getting into battle armour.

"Yoshi" I say as I approach him and hand him the book, flipped to the page of the spell, and when Yoshi looked up at me he seemed to have a lot of thoughts running through his head. "I do not know if this is a good idea Kenzou." Yoshi says. Yoshi examines the books pages further. "By what they did to separate the realms could be too much for us, especially since we are not kemi. We couldn't seal the gate fully." Yoshi says, but the moment he looked at me, I think he knew. I was doing this to get Lara back. For there was still so much that she could accomplish.

Her story would not end here.

"For Lara." He whispers and looks to the others. "Get everyman looking for a boat that we can take to England. I get the feeling that is where they will begin." Yoshi commands as five of the others in the room leave, leaving us elders alone.

"We all must chant this together. And Kūki must be ready to fly straight in when the realms break so we can close it immediately after." Yoshi says and Kūki flew onto his perch as he bent over, his wings up ready to fly in. I looked at Yoshi, "I believe he is ready.." I say and Yoshi just gave me his 'really' look. Which I thought was only for Lara. But hadn't I just sounded like Lara. My kemi, I was missing her that now I was talking like her.

"Everyone" Yoshi says as all the other elders, including me, read over the sentence, 'shōheki o kaihō shi, watashitachi o'. (Release the barrier, send us through.)

"Ready?" Yoshi asks and the elders and I nod, as he closed the book and placed it on the table, as we all closed our eyes, focusing on air, and let ourselves go into inner peace. Then we began to chant, "Shōheki o kaihō shi, watashitachi o. Shōheki o kaihō shi, watashitachi o." We repeated this maybe ten times before we could feel something happening. The ground beneath us began to shake. But we did not stop. We continued chanting through the earthquake that was hitting us, until we felt a blinding light, strike our faces, and we had to stop to cover our faces. "Kūki!" I scream and watched as a shadow flew between the veil, then it slowly closed shut.

I stare shocked as I look at Yoshi, who looks at me and nods. "He's with her now" he tells me, which calmed my nerves.

She had a chance now.

*~*~~*~*

Walking around this forest seemed definitely different then the other. The other was hostile, but here..they all seemed calm. But like those on the island I wasn't. Because we weren't home. At least, this didn't feel like home to me.

Just as it didn't feel like home to them.

I had been walking around this forest since I had woken up here. I was curious if this place, and if this was the spirit realm..who knows of what could be lurking here. But then in the distance, I noticed a wooden cottage. It wasn't too big, or too small, it seemed..both familiar, and homey. I slowly approached it, as I walked up the three wooden steps, then knocked on the door lightly twice, but when the door opened I couldn't believe my eyes, "daddy.."