Chapter Six

I wasn't accustomed to following orders and commands. My uncle never really commanded me, nor my parents. I'd like to believe I was a good daughter and niece, well until they told me I was to be married to the Knight Alpha.

Marriage. That's what they called it. Never Mated. And I knew why. They considered mates sacred, and what they doing was not sacred, in fact it was direct blasphemy. And what I was supposed to do with a man that had a mate and was unmated was a sin and the most heinous thing that could be committed in the society of wolf phasers. They knew that our mates out there would suffer. The mate bond was stronger than anything forced. Besides that, the reason that I was being practically traded was why they didn't call it mating.

Granted that if they had told me maybe I would've have behaved so immorally, and just maybe I would not have drowned in a vat of my pity and depression. You could only do so much to save a person from drowning and if they did, there was only so much good revival could do. Reviving a person was beneficial to everyone, only if the person didn't want to die. It came with the consequences of broken ribs and broken hearts.

When they told me I would've been tributed at the age of twenty, I really lost it. I realized there was only so much time I had left since they chose to tell me at an age they thought that I was mature enough to handle. It doesn't really matter how mature you are, when you're told you're going to be literally given away to the enemy clan, you can only think and do the worst in the situation. The pack was extremely worried for me, and the way I was behaving.

Apart from that, the commands and directions were limited before that and even after they were minor because they believed That i was at least entitled to that. I later realized that they weren't in the wrong, and I slowly accepted my fate. I refused to believe they played apart in this. I had Soren blood in me, a lot of this in fact. This meant strength since Sorens were a part of the Originals. I could only assume that the Knights, who were Originals also, we're greedy.

Commands on me would almost be useless if the Alpha command didn't come from the pack I was integrated into through blood. Commands would be nothing more than wishes that I would choose to follow to avoid consequences. My uncontrollable complimentary attitude and behavior were proving this to be quite a difficult task.

As I trailed behind, it was obvious that he was brooding about this arrangement, with hands clasped at the back. I felt like an inferior as I followed behind, even though I was, I wasn't happy about it. I wasn't treated like this in my pack. After the Alpha, it was my mother, and then me in the ranks at my pack. We were blooded Sorens. I stayed silent about this arrangement nevertheless.

"What is your name again?" He said with a flat voice.

"Amelia," I replied with a clipped tone.

That was the end of the conversation. I was still untrustworthy in their eyes, so I wasn't allowed to flash. Thought it would be much quicker and beneficial to everyone. He kept walking in the direction to the house. I soon realize that we were deviating from the path of the beautiful house I stayed at. I couldn't resist but to question things. It was in my nature to be alert and curious, so I could know how to control a situation. It was something that I realised too late would get me in trouble.

"Where are we going?" I asked in a curious tone that was inappropriate for this whole situation. Like a child who was going to the wolf grounds and was asking if they were almost there. I refused to admit it sounded like muted excitement.

He slowed slightly, "To my house, I thought I made that obvious in the clearing," his voice was flat.

"Isn't the house that way?" I asked pointing to the left of me.