Chapter Five

I was never good at concealing emotions that were strong. I never really had the need to since being a Soren was synonymous with respect and honour. I would consider myself somewhat calculating; good at observing people and reasoning out why they did what they did. However, when the secret was out that I was being practically traded with the Knights for peace, as I'd like to believe, I can't give accounts to why I, myself, did what I did, or how I behaved. Although, I was taught how to defend myself physically, the development of my explosive and rash behavior when I was in turmoil was instinct I inherited. Uncontrollable almost.

So, as I stood in the almost deserted field, rooted to the ground and confined my the guard's hand that pressed into my shoulder, I willed the very blood in my body to stay calm and to behave. It wasn't even a week that I had been here and I wanted to rip the throats out everyone of this wretched pack. At that thought, a growl gurgled in my throat in agreement and excitement. The hand on my shoulder clamped down harder, squeezing into a sensitive muscle. Livid, I turned to face him, with narrow eyes and a cold stare, letting him know that he was in danger. It took a lot out of me to recede my wolf and authority. He glanced down, in silent acceptance and submission, he slackened his hand.

"Alpha Lennox is approaching," he announced.

I sighed. Trade had always been business, but when you include a forced mate bond, it became personal. It was safe to say this transaction was not going well, for me at least. Peace was the profit of this agreement that should be illegal. The Alpha that was just in front of me, made it obvious that he wanted nothing to do with me unless I was his mate. That was no problem for me, we could agree we were on the same page. However, I could use this to my advantage and we could end this agreement and agree to peace.

"Where did the Alpha go?" I asked the guard, suppressing a command for him to tell me.

"You're not at liberty to know," he answered monotonously.

I remained silent, feeling slightly amused. I really thought that I would be the first to run and he and this pack, the ones to chase. But it looked like he got a head start. I could see the outline of a man approaching, he looked beyond livid. His face was set in a harsh scowl, almost stomping as he approached. I resisted scoffing at the arrogant man.

"What happened?" He asked me, his voice surprisingly calm, rather than the scornful look on his face and violent behavior. I was momentarily shocked before I answered.

"We introduced ourselves and shook hands. Then he phased and ran," I told him nonchalantly.

Upon hearing that his son ran, he snarled loudly. He was unimpressed. The phrase I used made the Alpha seemed incompetent and weak, even in a careless tone. And now his father was ashamed of the thought of a disapproving diplomat towards the strength of their Alpha. The situation almost made me amused. Alpha Lennox bared his teeth, looking straight into the forest, down the path that his son sprinted down.

He snarled once more, before I heard another growl. Louder, harsher and deadlier, it made my blood chill, my stomach gurgled. The Alpha appeared, in wolf. He walked the path out of the forest, a warrior flashed towards him, handing him something, as he phased mid way, with speed and accuracy that impressed me. He was so quick that mid-phase he had dressed in a pair of jogging pants, in a blink of the eye.

I turned to the guard whose hand was still clamped down on my shoulder, giving him a deathly glare, my wolf had approached in the light of danger. He quickly regressed, receding, he released me. Turning away, the alpha stood in front of us after he had flashed forward.

"What is the meaning of your behavior?" His father asked in a chillingly cold voice, with a harsh glare.

The Alpha cocked his head to the side, eyes narrowed as he stared at his father with rage and dominance. His eyes flashed, the whites disappearing momentarily. He was projecting his Dominance onto us, his savage stifling us as he descended. I could feel it, it was almost tangible. The Alpha looked at me, I stared back refusing to look away, then he looked at his father.