1

I lay there, in my bed staring at the white ceiling hanging above me. I tilt my head to the window. The stars lit up my room, with glory and passion. I turn my head back, sighing. Why couldn't I be out there? Why can't I be running in the long green grass with a summer smell. Its was May 28th, my Birthday in fact.

I was turning, well had already turned, 17. It was 1am, to be exact, 1:23am. I can't get back to sleep, so I reach was my favourite book at the moment. The characters are well set out, and the book cover in fascinating, it grabs your attention. Bright blue, with clouds.

I hear mumbling in the next room, which is my Mum and Dads room. I hear groaning, a fan going on and covers being taking off.

It was a hot time of year in Arizona. It's getting closer to summer . Closer and closer. I take my covers off, and wonder out my room, taking a sharp left into Mum and Dads room. I slightly open the door and they both look like pink ice, melting. Literally.

" Blossom, get back to bed you should be resting !!!!" Says my Mum.

" But mum, it's okay. My legs are getting better I can feel it "

" no Blossom, we don't want you falling out of any trees again. The doctor says to keep it on for 6 weeks. It hasn't even been 3." My dad says, slowly but defiantly surely.

" please! Come on it's fine! The thing making it worse is this horrible cast in the way. It's chunky and just not portable" I say back.

" then we will get you another cast Blossom. But don't think that just because we're going to get you another cast, more portable that you will be able to go outside and run free in the sun " says Mum, for the last time.

" Okay, okay. That's fine Mum, also fine Dad. But I'm okay. 100% , Okay"

I turn my head and walk, well hobble, out the room and slide down the landing wall, landing on my bum. I look outside the double window, right in front of me. The green grass in the meadows swiftly shifted right, in the summer breeze. I will run out there , I will run freely.