Welcome Home

We walked down onto a single dirt road, there were only trees and shadows to be seen for miles, cicadas chirping and wind whistling. No houses except for the huge mansion that was three yards away.

"Welcome to my home." Julie says arms spread out to her sides, presenting the beautiful mansion.

"You live here?"I ask in astonishment.

"We live here in addition to you."

"Who else lives here?"I ask.

"My boyfriend, Jason. You'll meet him soon. Come on, I'm starving."

We walk inside and the inside is just as glorious as the outside. Smooth wood tiles and walls, a huge white sofa with a 50' inch TV and a chandelier and a spiral staircase. The scent was welcoming too, warm cinnamon apples filled my nose.

"This is really cozy for a giant room like this. This house is amazing!" I say.

"It's your house too, now." Julie says.

Then someone opens the front door. A boy who's about six foot, black shaggy hair above his intoxicating blue eyes, his skin snow white and matched his white teeth, he's cute.

"Baby!" Julie says and rushes over to the boy, leaping in his arms. "Hey, Jules." the boy's deep voice says.

So this must be Jason. Julie looks at him and wraps her arms around his neck and they kiss. I cringe and clear my throat. They both look at me

"Crystal, this is Jason, my boyfriend. Jason, this is Crystal, she'll be staying with us from now on." Julie introduced. I give him a single wave and smile. "Hi, I'm Crystal." I say. Then he walks up to me and gives me a bear huge, squeezing me.

"Welcome home." He says. Then he lets go of me and smiles.

"Uh, thanks." I say with a little uncertainty in my voice. "Don't be scared, he won't bite." Julie laughs. "Speaking of bite, im starving." She whines. "Well it's only 9, we don't leave until midnight." Jason says.

"Do you know how to hunt?" He asks me. Of course I know how to hunt, what kind of question is that?

"Nine years experienced." I say.

"Excellent." then he notices my chest. "Rosary?" He asks. "In my duffle bag." I say. He raises his eyebrows. "You do know what happens when you don't wear it, right?" He asks. "Don't ask her about her rosary, she could snap any moment. " Julie says and they both laugh. I put an annoyed look on my face. They immediately shut up, "Do male vampires not wear rosaries?"I ask.

"We wear them on our wrist." he says and stretches his arm out. His is a silver bracelet with a cross and like Julie's, a brilliant aquamarine.

"Why does she smell like a human?"

he asks. "She's half, don't even think about eating her." Julie says with a glare. "I won't." he promised.

We talk until I feel my eyes getting heavy. "Guess half still needs to sleep." Jason says. "Jason, grab her bag and show her to her room"

He grabbed my duffle bag and then threw me over his shoulder. "See you at the hunt, Crystal." Julie calls. I weakly wave as Jason carries me up the staircase. "What's the hunt?"I ask.

"You'll see when the time comes." he says then enters a room with a queen-size bed, I didn't pay attention to anything besides the bed. Jason gently places me on it, I pull the covers over me and sink into the pillow. I've forgotten what it feels like to lay in a bed.

"Goodnight, Crystal." he says but I don't respond for im already drowning in sleep. He turns off the lights and closes the door.

I melt in the bed's warmth and drown into a deep sleep.

In my dreams, I think about the hunt and wonder what it is.

Then it hits me, I should've used common sense.

Oh no.