1. The Two Brothers

Izuna was practically pacing around the place, worry etched on his face as he waited anxiously for the news. It was strange seeing such a renowned and powerful Uchiha worrying like a little child. His older brother, Madara, was sitting down with his arms crossed, watching his brother with slight amusement and concern.

"Sana is strong," He said to his younger brother, "she will survive and bear your child well."

"It's been three hours," Izuna fretted, "And I can't do anything to do about it—I can't even fight whatever is hurting her—"

There was another agonizing cry sounding from the door as Izuna tensed again. Madara sighed a bit as he decided to divert his younger brother's thoughts. "Would you want the child to be a boy or a girl?"

Izuna thought for a moment, his eyes still flitting nervously to the birthing room but he took a deep breath and answered, "I have a feeling it will be a girl."

Madara scoffed, "Wouldn't a boy be better for fighting?"

Izuna shot him a defensive look. "If we have a girl, she is going to be the best warrior of the clan, girl or not—she will surpass all of the boys."

Madara just rolled his eyes as Sana cried out one last time and for a terrible moment, the place was quiet before a familiar sound of a baby's wail sounded as the medical nin opened the door. "She is perfectly fine," she said, a smile on her face, "Sana-sama has given birth to a healthy baby girl."

Izuna shot his brother a look, as Madara raised his eyebrow back. Izuna eagerly entered the room to see a weary Sana who looked at her husband with an exhausted smile as she held a baby wrapped in cloth in her hands, holding the baby to her chest. Izuna had a look of almost fascination when he saw the baby as he ran his hand through his wife's hair and kissed her on the cheek.

"She's beautiful," Sana murmured, pride lighting her eyes, "she will be the envy of every boy when she grows up—"

Izuna tensed, a protective look in his eyes. "No boys," he said as Madara rolled his eyes.

The baby was curled to her mother's bosom as Izuna tentatively reached out. "Can I hold her?"

Sana nodded and handed over the baby to her husband, but as soon as the baby was in his arms, she let out a piercing wail, tears steaming down her cheeks as she cried fretfully. Izuna looked both surprised and distressed as he looked around, not knowing what to do. "Shhh, please don't cry—" he said in desperation, "it's just me, your father—"

The baby cried even louder.

Madara scoffed at his brother's face as Izuna turned with an irk mark on his face. "Okay, why don't you try holding her—you're going to be her uncle—" he pushed his daughter into Madara's arms, as his older brother sputtered in surprise for a moment before he looked down at the crying baby girl and slowly rubbed her back; gently rocking her back and forth. She immediately quieted, and let out a content sound at the back of her throat as Izuna gaped at his older brother.

"Amazing...." his jaw dropped, "how did you do that? Teach me-"

"I took care of you the same way when you were born, idiot—" Madara said, but his voice still had affection within it as he said the words.

"Oh," Izuna looked abashed as Sana's eyes twinkled.

"Maybe she just likes her uncle better than her father," she teased as Izuna nearly fell backwards, looking visibly depressed.

"What are you going to name her?" Madara asked, snapping his brother's attention away.

His expression brightened as he took out a list that he made of all the possible names for the child and took out the girl list. "What do you think about Hinata?"