This Is Interlude...

Frank Ocean - Swim Good/ Mindless Behavior - Hello

Blessing's POV.

FLASHBACK:

Have you ever heard the saying, 'one mans weakness is another mans power'? Well, if you haven't, trust me, it's true. However, when I cried when being bullied, it wasn't a sign of weakness- it was one of frustration and resentment towards those with no heart.

If people begin to notice a crack or something different about you; they will use it against you, in a way you never deemed possible. It was me against the world, and let me tell you- I wasn't prepared for battle. From this point on there was no turning back.

I stood there at the edge of the building, with my feet light and barely touching the ground. The wind freely taking over my body and my hair sticking to the salty river that ran down my face. This was it...The end. I recited to myself the last words I wrote on my suicide note:

Bye World.

END OF FLASHBACK.

********

I sat down on my bed with a magazine, observing the bedroom that I could now call home, for the next 10 weeks. All over the bedroom walls were posters of celebrities. It ranged from artists like Chris Brown to Rick Ross to John Legend. This kind of reminded me of the posters I had back at home.

" Tae and Mo are going to be here soon," announced Lala, jumping up and down excited, "They best not be late, we want to get a good seat for the performance."

"Who is Tae and Mo?" I said, my eyes peeping just above the rim of the magazine I was reading.

"They're my best friends and also our roommates," she replied, as she painted her nails a strawberry red.

"Oh." Of course there were going to be more people living in the room.

I guess Lala noticed the panicked expression on my face, because she stated positively, "Don't worry they are amazing girls. You will get along just fine with them." She approached me, gave me a reassuring tap on the shoulder and the nicest smile I've ever gotten from someone who wasn't my parents. "Why are you so scared, anyways?"

I didn't want anyone to know about what happened back in London, so I just replied, "Errm, I've never been in a new environment, where I have had to make friends and fit in."

"Trust me it'll be ok, you'll fit in just fine."

"Ok, is this event like proper formal? Cause I really don't know what to wear" I asked relaxed. I got a bunch of clothes- that Lala helped me pack away- out of my cupboard and dashed it on the bed, and started rummaging through it.

It was approximately 7:30pm in the evening and the school was holding a welcome back party. Yes, I couldn't wait. But, I just had to find the perfect outfit to wear.

"Ha, well nah, not really. It's more like a party. So pick something that you'll wear to a party." I looked at my bed still clueless. Party. The word sounded almost foreign to me.

"Ooo....Oooo..Wear this!" Lala exclaimed picking out a Quontum black and white, strappy back bodycon dress, from my pile. I always wanted to wear it, but I never had the guts to. I was very self-conscious about how it hugged to all of my curves.

Just then the room door burst open, and two girls entered like rioting hooligans. "OMG, OMG!!! We missed you so, so much," they shouted hugging Lala.

"And you must be Blessing." said one of the girls hugging me, with a big grin on her face, "I'm Tae." She was about 5'3, with naturally curly hair that stopped at her shoulders, chocolate drop eyes and she was very curvy.