When My Heart Skips...Skips...A Beat.

Justin Bieber ft. Jaden Smith - Thinkin' Bout you Remix/ Chris Brown - Don't Wake Me Up.

Trey's POV.

The sun was erupting vermilion hot lava on to me this morning. Why did Mother Nature choose to vent all her anger upon us today? Other people would have been happy to have heat; however, me- I hated it. It was all about the days with a light chill in the air: these days allowed you to think about life in general. I set up my studying equipment, by the tree trunk and laid underneath the shade it provided. I wanted to get a bit of studying in, before having to go to English class tomorrow. We were learning about one of Shakespeare's famous plays Romeo and Juliet and of course I was having trouble conveying ideas and adding my own perspective towards the different quotes.

I was quite relieved when none of my boys questioned why I was late back to school. Truth was that Monika (Mo) and I had become closer over the holiday period. I loved the way her eyes glistened underneath the influence of the sun, the way she was so genial and funny, the way she could take care of herself- to me she was perfect. I need a girl like her in my life.

I sat there contemplating whether I was going to ask her to be my girl. Rejection was what I was afraid of- what if she says no? I always thought that Ray Ray and Monika had something going on behind the scenes, just because they were always mean to one another- but she made it perfectly clear that they were just friends. At first I was like let me just have a ting-toy: someone to have fun with on the side. But then I found myself in this situation. We had deep conversations on the phone every night, and met up with each other only when Ray and the girls were there. Apparently, she didn't want anyone to know that we had been hanging out lately.

Here I was sounding like a softie. I chuckled to myself. Wow. This girl really did have an effect on me. 'Thy beauty hath made me effeminate-' now I finally understood what the fool Romeo meant. No this was bullshit. How could one person challenge my feelings and soften my heart- at the same time? At this moment in time I felt like I was being stripped from all the masculinity engraved in me. All my flaws and weaknesses were now exposed.

"I'm definitely losing the plot," I snickered to myself.

"Haha, are you speaking to yourself Trey?" said Mo, springing out from behind the tree trunk.

"No." I replied smiling in denial- stopping myself from blushing. Ugh. See, this is what she did to me.

"Yes you were, tell the truth," she demanded laughing.

"No, I wasn't," I said grinning, as I said pulling her by the arm down towards me.

"Whatever liar," she said. She looked so cute, in her true religion skinny jeans, tribal print tee and doc martins. She made me feel like childish school boy.

"What did you just call me?" I said, as I pinned her down tickling her. She roared with laughter.

"Nuh...Nuh," she tried, as giggles escaped her mouth, whilst I continued tickling her.

"What did you say?"

"Noth...Noth," she said still laughing.

"I can't hear you," I chuckled.

"I said NOTHING!" Mo managed to turn over and she pinned my arms, as she sat on top of me.

I smiled at her, tucking a strand of hair behind her ears: adrenaline pumping throughout my entire body, as I traced her jaw line and lips with my fingers. I wanted to kiss her, she felt so light and precious in my presence. I leant in, hoping she would too...

****************************************************

Monika's POV.

I sat there staring deep into Trey's eyes. I felt so stable and protected in his company. He set off my heart like a ticking bomb, whenever he gave me that goofy smile of hes. It was as though a black hole had sucked all of the life out of the entire universe, and left Trey and I to conquer the explosion alone. He leant in signalling that I should too. But instead I missed his lips and whispered in his ears: