X-23|BuckyBarnes

■■■

My claws chipped away at the wood of the fallen tree.
Again, and again, until he fell to the ground.
He grunted with pain as the branch that penetrated right through his stomach pulled against him.

"Take your friends and run." He said to me as tears streamed down my face. "Run. They'll keep coming and coming. Listen, You don't have to fight anymore." He continued as I whimpered.

"Go, go." He took my bloody hand in his, "Don't be what they made you."
He continued breathing heavily as I watched, never feeling so helpless.

"Laura..." he breathed, "Laura..."

"Daddy." I cried.

"So this is what it feels like." He said, his grip on my hand getting weaker.

"No." I cried as I watched the life leave his eyes, "No!"

■■■

Mutants were no more.
Pushed to the edge of extinction.

■■■
Years later

      I took a quick left down a dark alley as I heard their footsteps behind me, unfortunately I came to a quick stop at the brick wall that blocked my way through.
I dropped my belongings on the floor and turned to face them.

"Now, now." A man in combat uniform said to me, "Lets take this calmly, no need for violence."

"Violence is the only thing you people seem to understand." I spat, pushing my claws out through the skin between my knuckles.

I lunged towards him, digging my claws into his chest, warm blood spilt on my hands as I pulled them out and continued to the next one who was firing tranquilizers at me.

"Kill her!" He ordered. I imagined he spoke through his earpiece, giving nearby soldiers instructions as I slashed straight through his riffle, cutting it in half. Then slashing his throat.

I head more gunshots coming from the entrance of the alley.

"Don't kill them!" I heard a man's voice.

"I won't." Another answered.

I saw the second man shooting at the roof of the nearby buildings, taking down the soldiers I hadn't noticed before.

"It's okay." The first man spoke to me, holding the palms of his hands out. I recognized him, Steve Rogers. "We're here to help."

"Doesn't seem she needed much help." The second one spoke while he looked at me, holding his weapon to the side. I recognized him too. The Winter Soldier.

"We can help you." Rogers continued to walk slowly my way, the palms of his hands still up.

"How did you find me." I demanded, picking out the tranquilizer darts from my neck and arms. I already felt the world spinning.

"SHIELD has been tracking you for a while, they sent us to help." Rogers said.

"You're not an easy person to track." Barnes spoke up, I saw him eyeing my claws.

"The people I'm running from aren't people you want to get involved with." I said, unsure if it was the drugs or an immediate trust to these men that were making me feel at ease. I felt the smooth metal slowly tucking itself back under the skin of my knuckles.

"Can you really help?" I asked, I stumbled forward. Vaguely aware that Rogers had caught me before I hit the concrete.

"You're safe." Was the last I heard before I went under.

■■■

      I woke with a jolt, sitting upright in a flash, swinging my claws to my right. The sound rang through the room as my claws hit straight up against metal.

"Jesus!" I heard a voice. My breath shook as I took me a few seconds to process what had happened. His metal arm had stopped my attack short.

"I'm so sorry." My voice shook as well as I blinked, pulling my hands away slowly.

"Do you always wake up like this?" He asked me.

"Where am I?" I asked, my eyes moving quickly  from place to place, not really being able to focus on anything.

"Safe." He said, "although I might not be able to say the same for myself."

I looked up at his face as I heard him chuckle.

"Uh- they told me to keep an eye on you Incase you woke up." He dragged a chair to sit next to my bed, "They also said the tranquilizers were pretty strong."

"Yeah I feel like shit." Retracted my claws and tried to calm my breathing as I leaned against the headboard.

"Well. You got shot with six of them. Enough to take down a bear." He smiled.

"Can't tell if you're joking." I said to him.

He shrugged and smiled.

"I'm sorry I took a swipe at you." I rubbed my nose with my index finger. I noticed him staring at the blood on my knuckles.

"I guess it's a good thing I have this." He moved the fingers of his metal arm.

"Fancy prosthetic." I admired the metal.

"You're not too bad with those claws. I saw what you did to those guys in the alley." He almost sounded impressed.

I shrugged and copied his smile.

"Does it hurt when they come out?" He looked at my hands.

"Every time." I said as I met his blue eyes, "I'm Laura." I said, holding out my hand.

"Bucky." He said as he shook my hand.

Good story?? No???
I'm curious to how you guys reacted to this...