The Bridge

Stiles POV

I back up from the body of Donavan I watch as his eyes roll back and his hair turned black, his soul floats out of his body and I  grab his hand felt his soul pass through me, after years of doing this I learned how let their passing go smoothly .  once  I felt his soul move on I pulled back with tears streaming down my face and put my glove back on. I looked down at Donavan's lifeless body and I broke down. its my fault hes dead, maybe I should have let him kill me the world would be safer without having me in it. 

I stood up and wiped my face profusely and stood up, I walked out of the library knowing his body would decompose from my ability before anyone gets here. I walk to my jeep that my mother left me and got in. I sat there for what seems like hours and lean my head on the steering wheel and screamed.

I sat up and started the car, I pulled out of the parking lot and drove .where? im not sure , I let my body lead me. when I parked I looked at where I was , It was still dark and I was surrounded by trees and my eye landed on a bridge. I walked forward and looked over the side ,it was steep and at the bottom there' a rushing river and you can see jagged rocks at the bottom and every thing ive killed, all the world my father has told me , what the people at school say and lastly my mother, maybe if I hadn't been born she would be alive.

"abomination"

"freak"

"you killed your mother"

"whys he always alone"

" what kind of freak always wheres gloves"

"curse"

I shake my head and take a step  back before putting my hands on the wooden railing and lifting my body up. I look up at the sky and smile, 

" see you soon mom, love you" I whisper and for the first time since the first time I killed I feel at peace , like the wind has stopped , the background noises are gone , the rushing water is silent, the only sound that can be heard is my breathing. I take my gloves off and throw them on the bridge and spread my arms , then lean forward  and fall. I feel the air passing by my body, I feel free. My fingers touch the water and I smile and just as im about to hit the ground, I feel hands grab me and when I open my eyes to see im staring   up at yellow wolf eyes with vain popping out from under them. we just stood there in silence for what seemed to be forever before he said,

 " hello love , I know its not my place but I don't believe suicides the answer" 

"what are you? wait! why did you stop me? I need my gloves, you have to get my gloves." I jump out of his grip and just as im about to run to back to the bridge he grabs my shoulder and I put my hand on his. 

I stare at him to see if hes dying but he seems perfectly fine, and hes watching me with a curious look
Yo-youre not dead "
"Well of course not im a hybrid vampire , i died 1000 years ago. Wait why would i be dead"

" ill-ill show you just put me down. okay?" 

at first he was  hesitant, but eventually put me down. I grabbed his hand , and pulled him to an open field. I motioned for him to sit down and then sat down myself. I put my hands down on the grass and ran my fingers through it .

 " just watch the grass that I touched" I said . he looked confused , but slowly nodded. his eyes widened as the grass turned black, I put my hands over his eyes for a few seconds so when he opened them he could see the soul of the thing I killed or in this case aura. 

Ive learned that plants don't have souls but auras which let you know if the area has had something bad happen , or if it was a happy/clean aura. ive learned blue/purple means its bad, white/green means happy . I look around the surrounding are and its white, I run my hand through the white mist that runs through the grass, and the mist climbs up my arm in a vine like fashion and wraps around my neck loosely  then down my other arm , I hold my hands up and it looks like im holding the aura in my hands before I throw it up into the air and I see it float up. 

I look back at the man and sitting in front of me and hes looking at me bewildered, 

"what are you" he says breathily 

" a banshee/reaper hybrid, your the first person ive been able to touch" I say poking his cheek " I never got your name moon eyes"

" moon eyes?" he says in an amused tone

"I don't know your names and your eyes shine like the moon, closest thing I got "  I say and shrug

"the  names is Niklaus love."

"well Im stiles love " putting a fake british accent on the love

" well stiles can you tell me where you got the bruise on your neck from and why you were jumping off a bridge "  

I reach  up and press my palm to the bruise I had forgotten was their and remember where its from,

Flashback

I had just gotten out of school  and was driving home . I had  just arrived home when I noticed that the house was a mess, there was broken  glass everywhere , the pictures were on the floor, the tables were broken and  clothes were everywhere.

I look up the stairs and see my dad looking down at me  with hate in his eyes. he never actually hit me with his fist  because of my ability, he usually just threw stuff at me or hit me with stuff. He was holding a bat. he walked down the stairs slowly . when he reached the bottom I didn't have time to react before the bat made contact with my chest , then my leg, and after what seemed hours he finally stopped but not before hitting my neck. 

the rest of the day I laid in that spot not moving , as silent tears slipped out, my legs felt like they were on fire and  my chest was moving rapidly as I tried  to catch enough air , when I finally could get up I walked to the library which led to Donovan 

End of flashback*

I look up at Niklaus and said " im tired of not being able to touch people without killing them"

and we sat in silence for a while before he said..