Chapter 2- touch down

My eyes were drawn up to the pure black daylight emmiting from the clouds above as my foot took it's first steps onto the hard concrete. Green undisturbed vines weved between the pillars and rocks of the old structures. The silence was broken by a loud crash and following it an ear piercing screach of pain. I debated for a minute between fear and my need for answers. Being myself I've been told I was always a very curious person. After a moment I found myself running towards the origin of the screech. The ringing of the noise led to an old toweringly tall building. I looked up and squinted trying and failing to see the point of the spearing building.

An archway was cloaked in green grass, hanging vines and contrasting colours. Using my arm to clear a path through the old entrance way. Stopping in my tracks I froze staring at was lay before me. Within the hall at the tranquil beauty that stood before me. Reality found me again with the help of the scream like screech. I found myself continuing into the mysteriously beautiful building and looking up at the crystallized golden structure hanging by a chain from the ceiling. My feet were guided towards the old golden receptionist desk by the exotic flowers bubbling with colour that decorated the floor. My eyes drifted right of the desk to another arch, this one collapsed. Beneath the rubble lay a deer like animal it struggled for freedom scraping it's spiked antlers and sharp teeth. I tried to lift rocks off the creature but it was as good as no good. The building suddenly shook with a roar as the plaster from the roof crumpled off onto the flowers below. I could sense something was coming, something big.