Chapter 1: The Charm

Ellie Evans lived in a small town with a very small population of 600. She lived with her parents and older sister and was the age of 17. Ellie had just finished school and once you graduated from secondary school, your parents gifted you with a necklace. A necklace of half a charm. The other half, belonged to someone else. A stranger for all you knew. Your charm would heat up more and more as you got close to the other person. This person would be your true love.

Society had greatly evolved as people noticed they spent too much time with people who didn't care. The onle thing that would resolve from an awful relationship would be sadness and a heartbreak. Of course there had been cases where people decided to stay alone forever. It was discouraged but not illegal. Some people spent years trying to find their only one, others only a few days. Ellie's sister for example, had found her true love in their small town. He was a boy from school whom she had always fancied.

On the day of her graduation, Ellie's parents presented her with a box.

'This is it then,' she whispered taking it from her mum's hands.

'Go on. Open it.' she said with a smile.

Ellie opened the box. Inside, was a silver coloured charm. It had no particular shape. Just smooth with a jagged line where the other half would connect perfectly.

'What do I do now?' Ellie asked tying the necklace around her neck.

Her mum decided to help her and said, 'You go traveling. Anywhere you want. We've been saving money for you and your sister trips. But since she didnt need the money, its all yours.'

'Do you know where you plan to go first? Fate will bring you and your true love together. You just have to trust your instincts.' Ellie's father told her.

'Seattle, Washington. In the United States' Ellie reponded without thinking.

It was a city she had always wanted to visit. Her favourite YouTuber lived there and he had always talked so much about how much of a beautiful city it was.

Her parents booked her for a flight the next day and a hotel near the city, so Ellie went to start packing. She had to take all her belongings as she didn't know how long she would be gone for.

Her clothes finally packed away in a suitcase, Ellie turned and sat down at her computer. She started to watch the most recent video of her favourite YouTuber. It was a minecraft video with facecam. Ellie thought about how nice eyes he had. When he looked straight into the camera, it was too much for her.

The next day, Ellie was dropped off at the airport and landed in Seattle after a 6 hour plane ride. A toxi drove her to the hotel she was staying out. The hotel could very well be her home for the next few months, so, Ellie started to unpack her clothes and set up her computer. This hotel had decent wifi so Ellie was happy. She would be able to watch as much YouTube as she wanted without her parents or sister bothering her. But she wouldn't watch videos tonight. She was too tired, so Ellie crawled into the comfortable hotel bed and fell asleep immediately. However she didn't sleep long. Something was bothering her neck.

-=+=-

So here's the first chapter. I hope you like it. I wrote this at about 1 am so I apologize for typos. Next chapter should be out shortly.