Ch 3: Shorts

It took a lot of begging, pleading, and negotiating to convince Jack to move in with him.

"Alright, John, but I have conditions. I'm only moving in until Gary is old enough to take care of himself, or until you plan to get married, whichever comes first. And no bringing woman back to the house. Date all you want, but only introduce Gary to them if you plan to marry them," the Greytrexian insisted sternly.

"You know I'm still looking for my soulmate. I can't wait to introduce her to him. She'll adore him, just as much as you do," John said, rubbing the back of his head.

Jack smiled back at him shyly, a light blush on his green cheeks. "I'm sure whatever woman you end up marrying will be... the perfect mother for Gary," the little man said.

***

Picture Perfect Moments

"And here his is, taking his first steps, and saying his first word. And the time he found a stray kitten and insisted on sharing his goldfish crackers."

Trishika nodded and smiled at the end of each mini video and adorable picture. Just as she was about to say something, Jaxx's console beeped at them. "It's an incoming message from Earth."

"Hi, Jack!"

"Jaaack!"

On the screen were Captain Goodspeed and his little blonde son, both cheerfully waving at the camera bot.

"We just wanted to wish you a good mission. And Gary learned a new word today. Tell Jack your new word," John said, looking at his son.

"Pop! Pop!" the little boy announced, giggling.

"That's right. We were popping bubbles today. Come back safe, Jack," the captain said, before the screen cut to black.

Trishika rolled her eyes at the expression on her friend's face. That was the look of someone utterly enamored with his family. "You should just tell him."

"I'm not telling him," Jaxx said, throwing her an annoyed look.

"He's a human male, Jaxx. He won't figure it out unless you tell him," the Avianrian insisted, her crest feathers rising slightly.

"I'm not telling him," the smaller alien repeated.

"Tell who what?" Captain Zavocato asked, leaning over his two co-pilots curiously.

"Nothing," Jaxx grumbled, pressing a button on the console. Clearly not paying attention, he managed to bring up the video of John and Gary, once again.

"Awww, is that John's son? He's so cute!" the orange-furred Ventrexian said, his ears perked in amusement.

"He is," Jaxx admitted, smiling as the video began to replay.

"He reminds me of my son. In fact, I'm going to go send him a message now," the captain told them, making his way off the bridge.

"Seriously, just tell him already," the Avianrian repeated, narrowing her eyes at her friend.

"If he figures it out, he figures it out. But I'm not tell him," Jaxx stated, saving a copy of the video to his personal files.