- THE EMPEROR MIKADO - THE FINALE - REMAKE

In the meantime, the Emperor: Mikado--who had heard of Kaguya Hime's beauty, also began courting the girl to become his wife and Empress. He too was refused by Kaguya. When the Emperor tried to force Kaguya-hime to come to the palace, she disappeared right before his eyes. The Emperor then realized that there was something unusual about Kaguya Hime, and so he too gave up.

Three years have passed and Kaguya Hime became even more beautiful. Then, one spring, Kaguya Hime began to grow melancholy on moonlit nights. She would stare at the moon with tears; streaming down her face. Her old father, worried, asked what was wrong. Gazing up at the sky, Kaguya Hime replied, "Oh my dear father, I actually came from the moon. I was sent to live on earth by my King, but now I have been told that I must go home. I will miss everyone here on earth, and that is why I am sad."

Her father was shocked, and not wanting to let his beloved daughter go, he told the Emperor to devise a plan. On the night of the full moon, the Emperor's guards hid Kaguya Hime deep inside of the house and surrounded it. Suddenly, the night sky became bright. Messengers from the moon dressed in brilliant clothes came down from the sky and descended to the earth on a cloud. At this sight, the guards become petrified and lost their courage. The messengers placed Kaguya Hime onto a palanquin and dressed her in a feathered robe.

But, Before kaguya left--She gave her parents a note and her robe as a momento. She also gave a note to the emperor and an elixir of life which can make him immortal, making him to live forever. After that, Kaguya takes off to the moon; Leaving the heartbroken old couple behind.  The Emperor read the letter and asked his men which mountain is the nearest to the heavens and they replied that it was Mt. Fuji. He ordered his men to burn the letter and the elixir of life so he would hoped that Princess Kaguya Hime would reach his message that he wouldn't want to live an eternity without seeing her.
.
.
.
.
-Men say that even now a soft white wreath of smoke curls up from the sacred crown of Fuji Yama, like a floating bridge to that fair city far off in the sky.-