Chapter 21

(Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol)

After a while Bucky even started swearing in English. Even when Steve had arrived from the part of their mission he was still yelling out the odd word as his irritation hit him in a fresh wave.

"She was here Steve!! She was right there!!" He pointed at the spot where she was stood then began swearing again, taking a irritated lap of the room.

Steve spoke into his earpiece.
"Sam, get redwig out."

Bucky laughed.
"You think some little kiddy toy's gonna find her. She's found when she wants to be found."

"So she wanted you to find her today then."

"No," Bucky shook his head in thought "our paths just had to cross. Or she let them cross."

"So go search for her. You're one of the best too." Sam said into Bucky's earpiece.

He did. For so long that he'd circled around the same streets twice. From the intel she'd left in the room he knew she would be nearby- but he also knew she wouldn't leave them if she didn't know that he would see them. Bucky was fully aware that she knew exactly what she was doing or not in this case. After a while he noticed five men in all black tailing him so he carefully edged his way towards a alley so he could find out what they wanted and get rid of them.

He turned into the alley and round the corner at the end so he could jump out but them never came. Instead there was a few muffled shouts and the sound of bodies hitting the floor. As one man stepped round the corner he was pulled back and the sound of a silencer ringed even in the enclosed space.

"You know," Amelia approached him "you need to be more careful. I can't always look after you."

"How did you find me but I couldn't find you?" He asked her and stepped towards her slowly.

"I'm good at my job." She shrugged and headed to leave the alley with Bucky hot on her heels.

He grabbed her wrist hard enough to hold her back but not hard enough to hurt.
"Please. Stop running."

"That's also my job." She smirked and yanked her hand away.

Bucky pulled Amelia into what she thought was a hug but it was actually him picking her up and taking her into another alleyway.

"What are you doing?!" She whispered angrily as he plucked her from the crowd.

"I need you to listen to me." He told her with a discontented look and held her against a wall so she wouldn't get away.

He was stronger than her so she was going to have to stay. If it wasn't him she could have gotten away but she didn't want to hurt him. In reality she quite enjoyed being pinned against the wall by him, a little too much.

"I'm listening." She shrugged and hid the smile she had at their close range.

"You are staying with me. I'm not letting you go. Never again." He shook his head vigorously.

"I don't want to go, you know. I never did."

"Then why do you have to?"

"You know why." She sighed deeply and avoided his gaze.

"I don't care. I've never cared about my safety as long as I am with you and you are safe." He shuffled that little bit closer.

"I," she paused as Amelia noticed this "I care. I'm not going back."

"Then don't," she tilted her head in curiosity "don't ever go back. We can just leave."

"What about Steve?"