chapter 2

ELENA

I woke up the next morning in a hospital room . I was confused at first that how I got here , when the events of previous night flooded my mind . He wanted divorce , but i thought he loved me . I must have done something wrong , I need to make things right between us , he is my only family after my family died in a car accident a year ago . Tears started building up in my eyes when the door opened .

" How are you feeling " my doctor , Dr. Evans asked me as he saw me sitting on the bed .

" I'm fine , I think " I said looking down at my hands which were lying on my thighs .

" Well , looking at your reports , you are free to go for now but you have to come for a regular checkup every week so that your cancer doesn't get worse and don't forget to take your medicines on time and eat a healthy meal. Your lucky that your stage 1  " he continued when I interrupted him " yeah yeah I know everything , you basically call me every two days to check on me , I'm fine dad " I said laughing , Dr. Evan and my dad were best friends before he passed away . He really helped me last year, to get over the depression after the accident  . He treated me like his daughter .

" Fine , you can go now , but I'll call you tomorrow to check on you " he said before helping me get up and giving me my medical files and prescription to my new medicines .

" Ohhh I almost forgot to tell you , Blake is waiting for you at the reception " he said while looking at some files in his hands .

" well that is a surprise " I thought in my mind . I didn't expect him to show up here after last night . I took my stuff from the room and walked my way to the reception where I saw him sitting on the chair , head in his hands with tear stained cheeks .

" Hey " I said , standing in front oh him . When he saw me standing in front of him , he bought me in a tight embrace holding me like his depended on it . I debated if I should hug him back after last night . Going with my heart and not mind I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him tightly .

" How are you feeling ? Why did you not tell me this before ? " he said looking hurt .

" You were never at home and when you were you were always busy on your phone , talking about meetings , doing paperwork , you never had time for anything but your business and I didn't want to come in the way of your work . I know how important your work is to you " I said looking at him .

" Nothing is more important than you " he said while kissing me on my forehead .

" It didn't look that way when you asked for a divorce last night " I said looking down at our feet trying to stop myself from crying in front of everyone .

" We will talk about that when we get home " he said with guilt on his face .

We made our way to the parking lot , holding hands when paparazzi started running after us , blinding us with light . Blake held my hand tighter and gently pulled me toward the car .

"Is everything fine between you two , how are you feeling , will you go to fashion week , are you pregnant , how do you feel knowing that you are ruling fashion industry right now , do you find yourself lucky that you are married to a supermodel " are some of the many questions that I heard them say before we reached the car .

" I sometimes forget that I am married to a supermodel whose posters are on almost every billboard and shop " Blake said while getting on the drivers seat and putting on his seat-belt .

I laughed in response and remembered the time when I told everyone that I was engaged , the media went crazy that day .
I put on my seat belt and waited to get home so that we can finally talk about all this . He said he wanted a divorce and earlier in the hospital he said that nothing is more important than me . What does this man want ? Does he want me in his life or not ? I have so many questions and I have to wait ten more minutes to get there answers . I sighed and sinked back into my seat . Blake and I have known each other for as long as I can remember. He was always there for me , whether it was when I got hurt or when I came back home feeling useless when I didn't get the call back for a photo shoot .
What could I have done wrong that he wants to end our marriage . I don't want him to leave me , he's all I have . I have no family other than him .
I don't realise that we were outside our house till Blake opened my door and held out his hand for me to take . Debating whether I should give him my hand or not , I gave him my hand .
We were both walking to our apartment door . One thing was for sure , whatever was going to happen inside in a few minutes wasn't going to  be beautiful.
I just hope it turns out fine .