Chapter 14 - It Will Be Okay

Joes POV
I pace up and down the long white corridor, nervously waiting for Tyler.

When I found Amanda, I punched the guy so much. His whole face was covered in blood. He only got a few punches on me.

He got away when someone called his name. I think he's called Alex or something?

Anyway as soon as he was gone, I grabbed Amanda and called Zoe asking her to come pick up up.

She came 5 minutes later and drove us to the hospital as Amanda was still unconscious. As soon as they saw her they whisked her off and said we can't see her unless we get family here who gives us permission.

Now we're waiting for Tyler to come. We called him and he's on his way.

"Joe sit down" Zoe calls out to me "I can't" I mutter "she'll be ok. I promise" she says "no it's not that!! It's the fact I chose to sit and wait for her instead of going with her, I know she's in danger and I let her out there without anyone!" I snap. After a minute she speaks up "Joe, you can't blame it on you, it's not your fault! Things happen" I finally sit down next to her and tears start falling from my eyes.

Zoe catches crying and quickly hugs me "Joe you never cry" she says "I know I just... I just... I don't know!" I sob onto her shoulder. She chuckles a little "you're so used to being the strong one who comforts people that you've just let it build up inside and you're at the tipping point. It's okay not to be okay. Everything will be okay" She says, I sigh slightly because it's true and wipe away my tears. "JOE!" Someone shouts. I look behind me to see Tyler with red cheeks and swollen eyes "are you Tyler?" A nurse asked him "yes and you're letting me, my sisters boyfriend and her best friend into see her" he states. Boyfriend?! "oh I don't know those two were that close to her..." The nurse mutters "seriously?" Me and Zoe say in unison. We've been waiting to see amanda for over 2 hours and she didn't know we were that close to her?!

The nurse sees our annoyed faces and leads us to a room "she's in there" she mumbles and opens the door. I see her fragile body on the bed.

When she sees me her face lights up. I smile widely and run and hug her "I'm so sorry" I mutter "don't be sorry! It's not your fault" she mutters. I let go and Tyler hugs her and repeatedly asks if she's okay and then zoe hugs her and whispers something in her ear. Amanda nods and they let go of each other.

A doctor walks in and smiles at us all "hello everyone! How are you all?" He asks, we all nod and mumble replies "will Amanda be able to come back to America tomorrow?" Tyler asks "no. She's too weak" he states "you can stay at mine until you get better" I blurt out, Amanda and Tyler look at each other and nod. I smile excitedly and Amanda smiles back. "I'll let you guys talk" the doctor mumbles and leaves the room. I look at Tyler who has tears rolling down his face. Amanda notices and hugs him "stop crying Tyler I'm fine" she says "no it's not that. It's just that, he won't leave you alone. Can't he accept that you have a better life now with people who love you!" He shouts "tyler, you know I've thought that everyday. Every single day. Yes there's the police but he won't stay in prison forever. He'll get out and get me again ten times worse. There's nothing we can do about it" she mutters.

Everyone in the room has tears falling down their faces and there's silence. No ones knowing what to say.

I'm going to have to do something about this. I'm not going to let this carry on.

Amanda's POV
We walk into Joes house and look around. It's so nice here!

He sits me down on the sofa and double checks I'm okay and then starts quickly tidying things away "Caspar should be here soo-" he starts but he's interrupted by a voice "Hey Joe!!! I'm back!! I heard you've got a girlfrie-" he shouts but stops as soon as he sees me "Amanda?! What're you doing here?" He asks, I chuckle "I'm staying here for a week if that's okay. The doctor advises I stay here until I feel stronger" I say, he smiles "yes that's fine! Um I'm not sure where you can sleep though" caspar mutters "oh um Amanda I was going to ask you about that. We can share again if that's okay if not we can arrange something else or...?" Joe quickly says "yes I'm fine with sharing with you" I say with a smile. He smiles back until we hear a throat cleared behind us. I look at Tyler and he raises his eyebrows "she's meant to be weak Joe! So nothing too rough big daddy" Tyler says, I gasp and Joe blushes "Tyler shut up!" He says, Tyler laughs loudly and falls on the sofa "where do I sleep?" He asks "um we'll have to set you up a big bed on the floor or you can share with me" caspar says "ooh I'd much rather share with you babe" Tyler says winking at caspar. Caspar wiggles his eyebrows and me and Joe chuckle.
*
*
I get into bed and take a deep breath. The doctor said Alex had done something to my neck and I need go take things easily and if I'm feeling like I can't breathe properly to take a sit down and take some deep breaths (A/N yes that probably won't happen irl but it's a fan FICTION! John Green made up the phalanxifor). Soon enough Joe walks in "are you sure you're okay with sharing with me?" He asks "yes" I mutter "are you okay?" He asks "uh yeah" I say, he frowns and passes me my laptop and gets in bed next to me with his laptop "cute background" he says, looking at my laptop screen. It's of me and Tyler a month after we met. We went out for the day with some of the o2l boys to the beach and Connor took a photo of me and Tyler.

"Yeah a month after we met" I say, smiling. Joe nods and I notice my breathing is fine again. "Uh Amanda" he mumbles "yeah?" He takes a deep breath "I'm really sorry I didn't get there quick enough" he says, referring to when I saw Alex. I grasp his hand under the covers "Joe... It weren't your fault! It was mine! I should've stayed in the restaurant with you and nothing would have happened. Don't blame yourself" I say, he sighs "I can't help but blame myself though" I find myself leaning into him and so my lips are inches away from his. He smirks and closes the space between us by placing his lips on mine. Shivers go up my spine and all my troubles disappear.

I'm the first to pull away and his disappointed face makes me chuckle "now shut up otherwise you'll get no more of these" I laugh "wow that sass" he says "well I do live with the sassiest man on the planet. You expect me to pick up some of it" I chuckle. Joe shrugs and lays back down and browses through twitter "do you want to film a video together tomorrow?" He asks, I nod "yeah!! Our first ever collaboration! We can plan what sort of videos we want tomorrow" I say, he smiles and I feel a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I think I am in love with Joe Sugg.