Chapter 41 ~ Not happened before!

"What.. you won't meet me this weekend? Jo but.." the conversation started on a lower note

"Awww.. my dear mushmallow. Richard uncle ki family aarahe hai (Richard uncle's family is coming over). It's my cousin's wedding. She is coming over too. After wedding, she is shifting to Dubai. We want to hang out together before wedding which is in a month's time. Baby, just this weekend ok? I will sure meet you sometime during the week. I know it's tough for us. I am going to miss you too. But it won't look good, if am not there when they come over" She tried her best to pacify him

"But Jo, we won't be able to talk either!" He pouted

"Yeah, I haven't said her about us. So yeah, can't talk much. Will send messages ok?"

"But Jo.."

No no.. it's not right to disturb her on a family time! But still his heart wanted what it wanted!

"I miss you.." He ended on grim note.

"I know I'll miss you too, bye"

***

Seriously, What had he been doing all these weekends without her? He wondered. What's with the time not moving an inch, at all? Mmm..He used to workout, spend time in his music room, swim.. he tried to recollect his routine! He took out his phone .. there was just a good morning message from her.

He sent out a few messages, but her replies were delayed. Annoyed about the latency that he is experiencing for the first time, he got out of bed and walked down.

***

After almost 10 days, they caught up for a quick coffee in between a very busy work day. There weren't any nice places to go nearby, so they had to settle for a less secluded place. While he was busy catching up near her, she was consciously lurking around.

"Shh.. Vikram" She warned him for sneaking his arms around her "there are people around"

"So what.. no one cares what we talk and do. What you won't even let me cuddle a bit?"

"I am not comfortable with PDA"

"There is no PDA. I've seen you after what felt like 10 long years and you are busy monitoring the surroundings" He remarked with a chided tone.

"I missed you too, baby" Her smile found a place back as she looked intently into his eyes.

As an involuntary movement, his body pushed him near his face.

"No no no.. Stop it.. none of that while here. Okay?" She was whispering in his ears.

"Okay, Jo. Let's decide on something. You need not actually display a great zeal of fervor or excitement but can you show some signs of missing me here. You are in a rush to leave home, not even holding my hand and then all you talk is about someone else who may notice us? Is that it, you never missed me at all?"

All he got was a hearty laugh, in return to his disappointment.

"Look at you, all restless and irritated. It's not like that baby. I am really tired and exhausted today, I really wanted to meet you so I came in. This place is also crowded and you don't really seem to notice there are a bunch of people who are pretty much staring at you and us. And that women over there is checking you out since we sat here, shameless" She finished off with a slightly irritated tone.

Checking around quickly, he shrugged

"So what, I don't care. And as matter of fact, that women is not in any of my thoughts right now. All I want is to talk to you since you have been busy running away from me, for past 4 days"