Chapter 13: Dead End

UPDATED: 09.04.17

Back the Hill Lake Police Station, Riley set a cardboard box in front of Hotch and the rest of the FBI team. Prentiss and Rossi were going over the evidence that they had collected so far, JJ was dealing with the media again, and Morgan was on the phone with Garcia.

"That's everything you have?" Hotch asked.

Riley nodded. "Mullery likes his booze. Couple of fights, disorderly conduct, and a handful of destruction of property charges. He's a regular around here. Last time I arrested him he punched me, nearly broke my nose."

"Well he sounds like a charmer," Prentiss said.

"You have no idea," Riley replied.

"Our technical analyst found some information as well," Hotch said. "Morgan?"

Morgan switched his phone to speaker and placed it in the middle of the table. "Okay, Penelope, you're now on speaker now, so behave."

"Or what?" Garcia replied. "You'll spank me?"

Morgan said nothing, but looked exasperated. Riley on the other hand turned bright red and looked very confused.

"Garcia," Hotch said. His tone stern as usual.

"Um right," Garcia said. She turned bright red. "One Mr. Scumbag, Jack Mullery has quite the record. I went ahead and unsealed his juvie records.

"Is that legal?" Riley asked.

"Only if you don't get caught, sugar," Garcia replied. "He was arrested more than a few times before his 18th birthday."

"What were the charges?" Rossi asked.

"Some shoplifting, a half dozen assaults, two with a deadly weapon, a handful of resisting arrests," Garcia said. "And there's one count of attempted sexual assault."

"Who accused him of sexual assault," Prentiss asked.

"Hang on a second," Garcia muttered.

"Lindsey Jameson," Riley said. "It happened a couple months back."

"Holy cow," Garcia said. "The smarty pants detective is correct."

"That's a hell of a coincidence," Prentiss said. "She's the second victim."

"Thanks baby girl," Morgan said.

"Anything for you chocolate thunder," Garcia replied. Then the line went dead.

Riley flipped through Jack Mullery's arrest record. His ears were still pink around the edges. "Here it is," he said. Handing Morgan an arrest sheet. "Sydney Crawford was an ex of his. Jack went after her current boyfriend with a tire iron, put him in the hospital with a broken jaw and a bad concussion."

"He's got a temper," Prentiss said. "And he's got a connection to two of the victims so far. I bet if Garcia keeps digging, she'll find more."

"Prentiss, I want you and Morgan to interrogate him," Hotch ordered, handing the case files to them. Prentiss grabbed the files and headed out the room, Morgan on her heels.

"Morgan," Hotch said. He had followed them out into the hallway.

Morgan paused. "Yeah Hotch?"

"I know you want to get Reid back, but don't lose focus," Hotch said.

Morgan didn't reply, he simply nodded and continued walking. Prentiss was waiting by the door to the interrogation room.

"You good?" She asked.