Kai- Didn't Want To Soil You

Kai's ideal type is someone who is pure. A fair maiden who has a white, pure heart, and is passionate in her work.

****

Charlotte slammed her text book closed, making the whispering girls beside her jump and fall silent. "How many times do I have to tell you?" she hissed. "He doesn't like me. And that means that I just have to get over it!" She stood up, making the metal legs of her chair scrap against the floor, creating a tooth-wrenching sound. "I need to go to the infirmary. I have a headache," Charlotte mumbled.

Her two bestfriends pouted and went back to their seats just as the bell rang. They were disappointed that they hadn't been able to cheer up their friend.

Charlotte stalked out of the classroom just as the teacher walked in. She kept walking, not even caring what the teacher would say or think. Nothing mattered now. Infact, she would love to die. Her life was over. She had completely humiliated herself infront of the whole school! Okay, well, not the whole school, but the filled cafeteria was close enough!

*flashback*

"Okay. You can do this Charlotte. Don't back out now," Charlotte was saying to herself. She wasn't sure how she was going to go about it yet, but today was the day that she was going to confess to Jongin.

Jongin, or rather, Kai, was the heartthrob and bad boy of the school, and almost every girl loved him and had confessed to him at some point or another. Every girl except Charlotte, that is. But not anymore. Today was the day! She had loved him ever since he was the nerd back in middle school, and still loved him. And though he never noticed her, she wanted him to know that.

Her lunch tray wobbled in her hands as she took shaky steps towards the table where Kai was sitting. He was chatting with his bestfriend, Kyungsoo. Charlotte still wondered sometimes how a boy so sweet and kind could be best friends with the bad boy. She stopped silently infront of their table.

When the boys noticed her, they stopped talking, looking at her expectantly. Kai smirked before asking, "Yes?"

Charlotte couldn't speak. It was as if the words were hitched inside her throat. Finally, her words found a way to tumble out in a rush. "Kai, I know you hate me but I love you and I just had to tell you before I had any regrets!" With that, she bowed, turning a crimson color, and spun on her heel, and began rapidly walking away. Before she knew it, she was tripping over something and her food got sprayed in her face.

The cafeteria was filled with wretched laughter. Kai looked at her almost sympathetically. "Sorry, but I don't think that we were meant for each other."

*end of flashback*

"How could I have ever expected him to say yes?" Charlotte asked herself as she stood in a silent hallway. Tears were slipping down her cheeks, and she didn't care if anyone saw her. She had stupidly put her affection towards a boy who didn't care, and this pain was her punishment.

"Maybe you were expecting me to be more selfish than I really am," a voice answered her.

Charlottle spun around and wiped her eyes. There, before her eyes, was the school's bad boy. "What do you want?" she snapped.

"I want to clear some things up so that you don't remain broken. It pains me to see you this way."

"Why would you care?"

"More than you'll ever know. Now, will you listen?" Charlotte nodded slowly, an unvoluntary pout forming on her lips. "I love you Charlotte. I really do. But I'm not for you. You have to understand that. This is for your protection. Do you know what it would mean for a bad boy like me to date a princess like you?"

Charlotte felt her heart crack even more, if that was even possible. "You are so cruel! You're just too stuck up and think that you're so that and so popular that you don't even wanna be seen with a nerd like me! How could I have even liked you? You're so, so, ugh! And you say that you love me? True love isn't like that mister! I hate you!" She tried to push Kai's shoulders, but he grabbed her hands. She struggled to free herself, but he was way too strong for her.

"You're completely misunderstanding me," he said. "I don't want to be with you, because I don't want to spoil you. Remember how in primary school, you yelled at me for talking in the library too loudly? Or in middle school, when you caught me cheating on a test and turned me in? Or what about that time just a year ago when you passed me a note telling me to stop flirting and pay attention? I still have that note. Or when you woke me up when I was sleeping in class? Or when we were in a play and you wouldn't let me kiss your hand unless you were wearing gloves? And how about how you always tell all the girls that their skirts are too short and you always wear leggings under your skirt? And you say I don't notice you! Do I really have a choice?"

Charlotte laughed softly, remembering all those good times. "Charlotte, you were meant for an amazing guy, not me. You were meant for a man who will build you up and fill your heart, not a boy who will tear you down and crush your heart. You were meant to be loved, not ignored. You are so light and bright and beautiful and pure and white, and I am so dark. I mean, look at our skin tones." Charlotte looked at her small, pale hands in his large, tanned ones. They both chuckled. "That is why I rejected you Charlotte. I just want the best for you. And that's not me. I know that you can't see this now, but I need you to try. I need you to try because I love you. And if I see you happy with the right guy, then I will be happy."

Kai kissed Charlotte's forehead and began walking away, leaving her stunned and confused. "Oh, and Charlotte?"

"Yeah?"

"D.O. isn't that bad if you get him to come out of his shell. Just sayin." He flashed her a smile and ran away, probably skipping class.

Charlotte smiled weakly. "Thanks Jongin," she whispered.

#modestswag