Underestimating The New Girl

Chapter 1 :

Casey's POV

_____________________________

Please this ain't even jealousy

She ain't gotta thing on me,

trying to rock them ugly jeans jeans jeans.

You clearly didn't think this through,

If what I've been told is true,you'll

be crawling back like boohoo hoo

"Honey you're gonna be late for school" my mom yelled from downstairs.

"Ughhhh" I grabbed my backpack and paused the music as I got downstairs.

My mom and dad were sitting in the kitchen table eating breakfast.

"Who's driving?" I asked glaring at the pancakes in front of me. I began to eat as my mom spoke.

"Your father has to get to work and I have to go down to the groceries to buy more food, so you'll be taking the bus" she said not taking her eyes off me.

I got up from my table and got out of the house. There's no point in arguing with her seeing as she'll win the argument, so I didn't bother to. After I got out I waited for about five minutes until the school bus pulled up around my house.

I didn't know they still  did that, but this was 'Spark Bay High'. I got up the steps looking at a bunch of strange kids. When I walked in I searched for an empty seat I couldn't find until a guy smiled in my direction and removed his bag from a seat next to him.

I smiled back and sat down beside him. He was really cute. His hair was kinda shaggy and he had some really cute nerdy glasses on that embraced his dark brown eyes.

"Name's Jacob Tucker, but you can call me Jake, uh...Glen Coco I suppose?" I laughed at the name Glen Coco right before saying my name.

"It's Casey Diamond"

"Ohhhh well Casey you're a really cute girl. I was wondering why I haven't seen you before but then I got the clue and decided to let you sit beside me. You see how generous I am?" My cheeks began to heat up at the word cute and then I awkwardly smiled.

"New girl" I muttered causing him to laugh.

"Yeah I know, well it'll be my honor to show you around and then classifying people around the school so that you can get a better image" he said with a huge grin. He was cute but his smile made him seem kinda hot.

"Ahh, well thanks for letting me sit here I was getting worried no one here would like me"

"Again, you're really cute Casey. I find it hard to believe they didn't let you sit with them because of their stupid backpacks taking up the space" He rolled his eyes still holding the smile as I giggled.

"Well I'm lucky I've already been called cute on my first day and I'm not even at school yet" I said right before he smirked.

"Life isn't permanent, so I wouldn't mind saying the truth once in a while" he said as the bus came to a stop.  All the kids began to scatter out of the bus in a rush that I got pushed several times.

Jake helped me up and then headed out with me. I looked up at the school. It was huge. My heart began to race as I walked up the few steps with Jake to the front entrance.

"It's not as scary as it seems new girl" he said.

"I'm just a little nervous" I replied making him chuckle. We walked in passing by many people and headed to the front office.