Aftermath

Once the fight was over, I sat down on the stairs hoping that Jack was coming back. A few seconds later Jack and Elizabeth climbed onto the Pearl. "Jack!" I exclaimed, running up to him, and hugging him.

"It's not over yet, love," he said, wrapping his arms around me briefly then leaving.

"Jack," Gibbs said, "the armada's still out there, the Endeavour's coming up hard to starboard, and I think it's time we embraced that oldest and noblest of pirate traditions..."

"Never actually been one for tradition," Jack replied. "Close haul her. Luff the sails and lay on iron!"

"Belay that, or we'll be a sitting duck," Barbossa said.

"Belay that 'belay that.'"

"But captain..."

"Belay!"

"The Armada..."

"Belay!"

"The Endeavour..."

"Belay!" I bit my tongue, trying not to laugh.

"But we..."

"Stow. Shut it!" The Dutchman resurfaced, on the other side of the Endeavour. "Full canvas!" Jack ordered.

"Aye, full canvas!"

"Cap'n?" Gibbs asked.

"Fire!" Jack yelled.

"Fire!"

"Fire!" Will also ordered on the other ship. All the cannons went off, blasting the Endeavour to smithereens. Jack made his way to the hull, and I followed. He wrapped an arm around me as everyone was cheering. "Mr. Gibbs, you may throw my hat if you like."

"Aye aye, Captain!" Gibbs tossed Jack's hat. "Hooray!"

"Now go and get it."

"How warm did you want that welcome to be?" I asked Jack, once we were alone.

"I expect you naked on our bed tonight," he whispered in my ear, "waiting for me." I grinned and kissed him.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"I assume you know of another way to live forever."

"Yes, but I'll tell you later when we're alone."

"How did you learn about it?"

"I read it in a book, then I asked my mother about it." He kissed me again, this time biting gently on my bottom lip, and tugging it.

"Could you guys at least wait till later to suck each other's faces off?!" Barbossa yelled, coming up the stairs. I heard laughing all around us, coming from the other ships, as well. "I'll even let you have the room, tonight."

I hid my face in Jack's chest, embarrassed.

~~~

A few hours later, Elizabeth was preparing to leave the ship. She made her way down the crew, saying goodbye. Once she got to me and Jack, she pointed at him. "You better take care of her, or I'll find you."

"Promise, although if I do something wrong you won't have to find me. I'll probably already be dead." I laughed and hugged her.

"I'll write to you," I said. "for real this time."

"You better."

"I'll miss you," I let her go. "Good luck."

"Thank you." She made her way to the island to meet Will.