35.

Talia Booker

Talia Booker

After dealing with Quanie's annoying ass earlier, I was in desperate need to a hot bubble bath and I glass of wine. Now I know I'm not supposed to be drinking, especially in my condition, but one drink wouldn't hurt.

What Quanie said about Dean's parents had me wondering what really happened to them. I know he said that he thought Jude had something to do with it, but what's another reason other then him not showing any remorse?

Climbing out of the bathtub, I walked into my bedroom and grabbed my phone off of the nightstand table, sending Dean a text.

Me: Hey can you come over? I want to talk.

Stupid Ass😒: Yeah, I'm on my way.

Sitting my phone down, I walked into my closet to find something to put on. I was rehearsing what I was going to say in my head, hoping that I wasn't going to cross a line with Dean. Just like myself, the topic of parents was a little touchy, but I've opened up to him about my family and now...it was time for him to open up to me.

*

Twenty minutes later, Dean arrived at my house while I was in the middle of cooking some chicken and steak fajitas. Hopefully he was hungry because I don't think I can eat all this food by myself.

"Hey." I said, opening the door for him.

"What's up? You got it smelling good in here. What you cooking?"

"Chicken and steak fajitas. Want some?"

"Hell yeah. I'm hungry as hell." He said, taking a seat at the counter. "So did you have time to think?"

"About what?" I questioned.

"About the baby situation."

"Oh. That's not what I wanted to talk to you about. We'll put that conversation on the back burner for now, but I wanted to ask you something." I said, turning to face him.

"What's up?"

"Why don't you ever talk about your parents? I mean...I've told you all about my dysfunctional ass family, but you barely speak on yours. Why is that?"

"Hell, I don't know. Whenever I think about my folks or talk about them, I end up getting emotional. It's just a touchy subject for me." He said. "Why the sudden interest about my family?"

"Quanie was here when I got home this morning and he claimed that he had some proof." I spoke.

"Proof? What kind of proof?" He questioned, glaring at me.

"Proof that you killed your parents." I told him. The look on his face made my stomach knot up as he sat there for a minute, wrapping his head around what I had just told him. He stood up and turned away from me, rubbing his hands down his face as he mumbled something to himself.

"Do you believe him?" He asked me.

"Of course not." To be honest, I wasn't sure what I believed. I'm sure Dean wasn't capable of killing his own parents, but then again...who knows what was going on behind closed doors. "I'm sorry if I upset you, but-"

"They died in a car wreck." He spoke, cutting me off. "Jude had just turned eighteen and graduated from high school, and my dad and I were planning on giving him this nice ass old school Ford Mustang. We spent months working and cleaning the engine up so that it would be perfect for him. All he needed was some brand new brakes, which I offered to put in, but my dad told me no. He wanted a professional to do it, which I thought was stupid, but I didn't argue with him. I allowed him to get the brakes added on professionally, but the mechanic didn't tighten the lug nuts correctly."

"I don't know what that is." I said, interrupting him.

"I'll show you some other time. Anyways...when I noticed that the lug nuts weren't tightened, I figured that I could do that part myself. No harm, no foul. So I unscrewed the lug nuts and repositioned them the right way, but I...I got side tracked by a phone call and I don't think I tightened them like I should've." His voice cracked as he turned and faced me, with tears in his eyes. "I left the garage, not even thinking about the car anymore, and went into the house. I literally forgot my parents were going to take the car to get washed and detailed, so when I returned to the garage...the car was gone!"

"Oh Dean..." I whispered.

"I tried to call and warn them, but I...I was too late." He cried. I covered my mouth as the tears fell from my eyes, as I watched Dean break down in the middle of my kitchen.

"I killed my parents." He cried.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Part 2 Is Coming Soon (Probably Today)

What Do You Guys Think So Far?

Thoughts About Dean's Confession?

Do Y'all Really Think He Killed His Parents?

I Have So Much In Store For This Story And I Can't Wait For You All To Watch Dean And Talia's Relationship Blossom. Also, A Lot Of Y'all Are Asking Me Did I Forget About Sam And Serena. I Haven't. They Are Literally In Hiding, But They Will Be In Book 2.