Chapter 3: Phanfic

AUTHORS NOTE: hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while! To be honest I kinda forgot about this story (great work Brigid), and I was looking back at my older writing and cringing. So I'm changing a few things.

FIRSTLY: the story will from now on be told from third person, instead of Dan and Phil's POVs.

SECONDLY: there will be longer chapters.

THIRDLY: the fic will (hopefully) will be updated more.

THANKS AND ENJOY!

~~~~

Chapter 3

Dan quickly looked down at himself. He has always been self conscious, and in his late teenage years Phil had helped him mostly through that. But still, every once in a while, a deep hatred for himself and his body would shine through the safety blanket Phil had provided for him.

"It's 11:34 Dan. That's what you get for staying up until dawn every night." Phil said, almost rolling his eyes all the way back into his head. He didn't question the fact Dan stood in front of him almost completely naked, and went back to flipping the pancakes.

"Hey, having existential crisis' is hard work, Philip." Dan said jokingly, going to the cupboard to get a glass.

"Oh, so that's what you call pacing all night around your room? An existential crisis?" Phil's goofy smile left his face and a concerned expression replaced it.

"I mean, I guess. It was nothing, okay Phil?" Dan said through his teeth as he slumped into the living room.

About 15 minutes later, Dan was joined by Phil and a pile of pancakes. Dan had had time to throw on a baggy t-shirt and pajama pants, so he wasn't just in his underwear. I mean, he wasn't going out today, so why bother putting on clothes?

The two of them sat silently across from each other, slowly shoveling pancakes into their mouths and scrolling down their tumblr dashboards. This wasn't abnormal behavior for them, because whenever they didn't have the radio show or a video to film, they would be doing exactly this. Needless to say they love it.

What was abnormal however, was the fact Dan decided to check the "Phan" tag. He never did this, as he usually found really uncomfortable things that could possibly make him view Phil differently. But he did it this time. As he scrolled down, countless amounts of phan art, phanfics, phan text posts of phangirls phangirling about small phan things (woah that's a lot of phan), etcetera, he came across a fic that caught he attention.

Dan quickly glanced at Phil, as he definitely didn't want him to see what he was up to.

Why was it this fic that caught his attention? He didn't know, but it looked well written.

20 minutes later, Dan had finished the fic. It was a bad idea to read while Phil was in the room, or at all for that matter. It turned out this phanfic was angst, and it included Phil dying of cancer. Soon he couldn't control the tears as they streamed like rivers down his face.

"Dan? Dan what's wrong?" Phil jumped up from his comfortable position and sat himself next to his blubbering friend.

"Y-YOU D-D-DIED PHIL" Dan let out a loud sob.

Phil's eyes widened and he wrapped his arms around Dan. "What are you talking about Dan? I'm right here!" he rubbed circles into his tense back. "N-no, in the story. The stupid f-fucking phanfic. It was so real Phil, it was written so well and-" Dan only managed to get out segments of sentences, and he placed his head on Phil's shoulder crying into it.

Phil looked up at Dan's still open laptop screen to see the phan tag on tumblr.

"Dan, why we're you reading a phanfic? I thought you hated them!"

"I do... I was just reading it as a joke, duh." Dan pulled away from Phil and tried to toughen up. What was he doing? He obviously looks like a complete idiot and Phil probably thinks he's insane.

Little did he know that Phil looked at him longingly, wishing he was back in his arms.