The Story (Short Version)

*There is a longer, better version next if you would prefer to read that one instead. Or you can read this one and the next one. Whatever you prefer. Enjoy!*

     I met a girl. And we’ve been spending quite a bit of time lately, but don’t get the wrong idea. We met quite a while ago and She knows me very well.

     I’d spent a lot of time with Her before but never like this. I had always been the person no one liked, always alone and always hoping to find someone who’d actually enjoy spending time with me. There was one, and that someone was Her. There had been those that came and went but She had always been there. Then seventh grade came around, and we drifted apart a bit, but She was still there with me even if I didn’t notice. I found a few people that enjoyed having me around; kind of. I sat with them at lunch but I still felt, left out, like I didn’t fit in.

     Eighth grade came and went as well as seventh grade, but nothing really changed. But then freshmen year was here and I finally got to see the face of someone I missed a lot over the past year and a half. And we spent some time together but she didn’t think anything of it, from what I could tell. And I was still being followed by Her. She was still there. Watching intently and concerned.

     That year, I also met someone else that started to mean a lot to me as the days went by. She became my girlfriend and I, her boyfriend. It was a good first relationship, or so I thought. She broke up with me three months after I asked her to be mine, which hurt, but not as much as finding out she hadn’t cared for me at all even though I had cared for her more than I’d like to admit at this point. But it’s part of the story and there’s not a whole lot to say on the subject, except that that experience where I thought someone actually cared for me was all a lie and this still haunts me. But I had Her with me and She’d always been there even though no one else really had been. I did however meet this one girl who I later became good friends with and shared lots of my feelings with and she listened to me and talked me through them even if she didn’t have any interest in my issues. She’s helped through a lot and I really appreciate her more than she realizes, I think.

     Later, in sophomore year, I talked with the girl I missed more than anyone. We sat at lunch together, talked about whatever was happening in her life at the moment, and I even made her laugh a time or two. Little did she know that I had fallen for her; fast and hard. I asked for advice on how to fix this dilemma, where I wanted to be with her but didn’t know how to show her how I felt. This went on for a few months, but to no avail. She later found out that I had a crush on her and rejected me, I had no way to plead my case, no way to tell her how I felt, and no way to tell her I was sorry. All this left me where I am currently: sad, broken-hearted, and writing this story. But I’m not alone. She, who had always been with me, was still here with me. Little did I know that I’d be spending more time with Her, back at square one but feeling much worse about myself than before. Have you guessed who She is yet? No? Her name, is Loneliness.

*That is the end. That is all of it. Thank you for reading.*

**There is a longer, better version next if you would like to read it. Thanks.**