Izanami

The story is all packed away, and all the pieces move on with their lives. Yet, on the cold floor of the void, lay several strewn about pages not yet performed. It is too late for the characters to come back again, so I, the humble observer, shall retell each page from the perspective they were meant to be read from. There is no better place to start, than the very beginning of a story, or in this case, the universe. 

 I recall the absolute vastness and emptiness of my dear Infinite. I did not have a body at that time, and was merely a sphere of ego. Suffice to say, it was a terribly frightening experience. Yet, I felt as though I was being embraced by a warm entity with no form whatsoever. The contradictory experience never left my mind for all the years that has passed, but what's more important was that I was given a unique and special purpose. Words were created from the white void, and comforted my existence. 

 'The power to create anything is gifted to you.'

 'Your sole purpose is to create and nothing else.'

 'The one who creates shall supersede all other wills.'

 'The Infinite shall always supersede even the one who create's will. No exceptions.'

 'Entertain me.' 

 Now to be perfectly clear, nothing was actually spoken, nor was there any kind of voice at first. Instead, it was almost as if the words manifested themselves in a way only I specifically could understand. Nevertheless, my purpose was clear and I had already started to grow a sense of self to know that I wanted to become something tangible. I needed a physical body in order to feel more... more real. It's rather confusing to have an ego and a sense of self, but no idea what those both connected and converged into. I know, I know, that's nothing more than the ramblings of some lost soul. 

 Now this was long before, or well, I can't actually know how long it took for me to come up with a decent enough body to inhabit. Time had not been created yet, so perhaps it took as long as 75 trillion years or as little as 32 seconds. Not much use in caring about it now as they say. I tried first with large bodies of space called universes. Each time I made one it wouldn't fit with my soul, so I tossed it aside and it filled a minuscule portion of The Infinite. My dear Infinite never seemed to mind this, in fact, Infinite took great delight with how much I stuffed the emptiness with universes. Now I was faced with a bunch of useless space that couldn't do very much for me. I tried to create other objects, such as small suns and a sprinkling of planets here and there, but I was never particularly clever in coming up with those kinds of things. 

 Finally, I decided to create the concept of an idea. That maybe hard to grasp, but one should simply accept it as a fact and nothing more. Not everything needs an explanation, but that's hardly the point I'm getting at here. As soon as I created an idea, I was then struck by it! Amusing, no? Instead of spawning these large scale bodies of space, why not think on a far smaller scale? So, after many trials and errors that resulted in concepts like bacteria to landmasses covering the planets I made, I eventually reached the form I had been looking for. Well, almost. I was hit with a creative fervor and could not help myself by creating a good deal of slightly differing bodies, before I eventually settled on one. 

 I didn't like terribly colorful things, so I went with the long black hair, pale skin, and onyx eyes. Clothes weren't necessary at the time, simply because they hadn't been created yet. Man or woman? Oh, well isn't that a bit of an inappropriate question? If one must know, I didn't create the first beings with gender in mind as I hadn't granted them the gift of procreation yet. However, when it eventually came into being, I personally believed I had a more female body and addressed myself as such. Though in later years I would bend the rules a little and hop around into different kinds of bodies I had made for myself, some of which were male. Still, that body I spent so much time searching for, was the true and original one. In a way, it was the body I felt the most attached to. Shame what happened to it...