Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Greg's POV

I couldn't sleep thinking what just happened. Nica agreed to see me! Dumapa ako sa kama at isinubsob ang aking mukha sa unan, containing my smile. I just can't believe it.

"You can do better tomorrow Greg. Give your best shot!" i said and faced the ceiling.

I tried my best to sleep feeling so excited for tomorrow.

Today's the day! I am ready to go and meet Nica at a cafe near their subdivision. I am wearing a two button down army green dress shirt folded in my elbows, denim pants and a pair of black sneakers and also some belt for my pants. I go straight to my SUV and drove to the cafe.

I've arrived early because I want to make an impression. Sobrang tagal na nang huli kaming magkita so I don't wanna make her wait.

Nagorder muna ako ng coffee habang nag hihintay. Honestly, I still don't know what to say to her. It was such an impulsive decision of mine but at least makakausap ko na siya right?

It's already 9:30 in the morning and she's still not here. I've arrived at 8:50 and my cup of coffee is already empty.

I keep on checking my phone but there are no message from her. Kaya I message her asking kung nasaan na siya.

@gregndl: 'hey Nica? Are you still coming?'

she didn't replied.

But I still waited for her. It's already 10:00 when I heard my phone beeped.

*one new message from @nichachu*

@nichachu: 'I'm so sorry Greg! Something came up, are u still at the cafe? I'm almost there.'

@gregndl: 'yup! I'm still here. See u.'

I smiled bitterly. But the day is still not yet over, it's too early to be sad besides she's coming already.

And when the door opened, I saw a beautiful lady with a long black hair, wearing a green oversized sweater, black pants and a pair of white sneakers. She walks toward me and I see how the world suddenly slow down as she step her feet on the ground.

She's so gorgeous.

Natauhan lang ako nang pinitik niya yung noo ko. Natulala pala ako sa ganda niya.

"Hey are you okay?" she asked.

"Ah yeah, of course." I nodded.

"I'm really sorry I'm super late. May biglaan kasing pinagawa yung prof namin and I thought sandali lang but it take an hour. Buti nalang wala na akong next subject." she explained.

"It's okay Nica I understand. At least you're here already, isn't?"

"Yeah that's right. But you know what?"

"What?"

"College sucks! If you still don't know I am taking Accountancy and believe me mabilis makatanda ang program na to." she ranted and placed her things on top of the table.

"Really huh? Pero hindi naman halata, you're still beautiful and fresh looking lol"

"Oh come on! Don't play around kiddo. Huwag mo na akong bolahin" she laugh so hard.

kiddo.

"Nica! I'm not a kid anymore don't call me kiddo please?"

"Okay my bad hahaha. By the way, kamusta? It's been so long, four years?"

"Five" I corrected.

A cafe crew got her order kaya napatigil siya sandali.

"Ah yes, so how are you? You're a grown up now! Halos di na kita makilala kanina. Pumuti ka lalo at mas tumangkad." what a lovely person. She just smile the whole time she talks.

"Well, maturity happens Nica. Mas naging gwapo pa ako lalo, right?" mayabang kong sabi.

"Duh, of course. My Greg is now a gentleman, ilan na ba ang napaiyak mo? Puro ba blonde? Hahahaha"

Don't say that. It's always been you. Always.

"Hindi ko na nga mabilang eh. Siguro lagpas na sa daliri ng kamay at paa ko." I jokingly said.

"Wow ang kapal hahaha edi sana all."

"Ikaw ba kamusta? I can see that mas gumanda ka lalo and you still smile a lot"

"Uhm I've been good these past few years. You see I have a big responsibility right now lalo na at second year college na ako. But so far kinakaya ko pa naman." she gave me a half smile.

Her smoothie and a piece of caramel cake have arrived. Tumikim siya sa cake niya and smiled like a kid.

"And I also want to tell you that.." biglang sumeryoso ang boses niya.

Kinabahan ako.

"What is it?"

——————————
To be continued...