Samantha - The Beginning

They came out of nowhere. They pulled at me, biting my legs, ripping my jeans to shreds until I finally fell onto the snowy ground beneath me. It happened so fast, by the time I realized I should be panicking, they'd dragged me into the woods where no one could hear me scream.

They kept tearing at my clothing, at my skin, desperately. The wolves stood over me, beautiful, majestic creatures craving my flesh. I closed my eyes. I tried to prepare for the end.

A cold, wet nose brushed my face.

My eyes flew open, shuddering, holding back the urge to scream, knowing it'd be useless. That's when I saw them. The wolves' eyes.

They were... they were…

But it didn’t matter what they were. It mattered what they weren't.

They weren't yellow.

I knew not ALL wolves had yellow eyes. Mr Burke had spoken about it briefly in biology class just a few weeks before.

"Wolf eye colour ranges from pale yellow to brown, and can be any shade of yellow, gold, amber, brown, or hazel that you can imagine. They can also be green. Wolves do not have blue eyes."

“Wolves do not have blue eyes.”

His words ran through my mind, clearly. I closed my eyes tightly and opened them again, trying to convince myself I wasn't going crazy.

The wolf...

His eyes were a brilliant blue. Like staring into an ocean.

Human eyes.

I think that's when I fainted.