Introduction: The beginning

They pulled us from the burning building, I had black marks on my face and my eyes were stinging like crazy. I felt like I could barely walk, there was so much noise and commotion going on that I couldn't focus. Some crying, sirens, a lot of talking everything was going in slow motion. Have you ever watched the movies or shows where they finally catch the bad guy and put him in handcuffs? That's how everything seemed to be to me.

As a police officer was pulling me to his vehicle, in order to take me down town, I saw Stephanie off to the side talking to some other police officers. I then saw Peyton laying on a gurney they were taking Peyton the hospital. But seeing that image I wanted to run over to Peyton, but I got pushed into the police car. How did all of this go so wrong? How did the explosion happen again? I was so lost and confused now, I knew that the police were going to have a lot of questions for me.

It didn't take us long to get down to the station. It took maybe a good ten or fifteen minutes to get there. Once we got there I was yanked out of the back seat with the handcuffs still on and pulled into the police station. They took me to one of the integration rooms and uncuffed one of my hands before cuffing it to the table. "Oh, come on guys please don't do this" was what I managed to say as they forced me to sit down in the cold chair. "Can I at least get some water or something? I feel like I'm suffocating!" I called after them as they left me in the small room.

The room was small and dark, with just a table in the middle of the room under a dim light. Two wooden chairs, I was sitting in one on one side and another across from me. Towards my right is a window, they could see me but I couldn't see them. My hands were in silver handcuffs that were hooked to the metal bar on the table. There wasn't much to look at, except for a spider in one of the corners of the room. He was making his home, that way he could be nice and comfy for the winter coming. I glance up towards the guy who walked in.

The man was slender and tall wait how tall was he? Five foot eleven maybe six foot? Now I wanted to know, but I was already in enough shit as it was I didn't need to dig myself a deeper hole. He was wearing his regular police uniform; his hair was black and combed back. That bothered me for some strange reason. He sat down in the chair with his coffee to the left of him, meaning he must have been left handed. I learned that tactic in school. You can tell a lot by someone just by the simple things they do every day. He set the yellowish folder on the table between the both of us. He then set down my favorite drink, it was Gatorade the iceberg kind.

"Why don't you tell me what happened? How does fifteen high schoolers get mixed up in this mess?" He asked me. I read the label on his uniform it was his last name. Hindberg it read.

"Officer Hindberg, I can't tell you my story unless I tell you hers." I paused for a second and leaned back in my chair. I was calm, cool and collected. "But we know." I told him with a smirk spreading across my face, the look of confusion soon appeared on his face.

"...What do you know teenagers know?" He finally asked me once he got the nerve to speak again.

"The secrets that this stupid tiny town hides. We know all two-hundred years of it. Starting with how our school is basically build on top of the old one. That no one had even bothered to tear down might I add. You can't blame teenagers for the lack of responsibility from adults."

He thought for a moment or two before leaning in a little bit "Start from the very beginning" he growled to me. I was already mentally kicking myself for being such a smartass. Don't you know that you are already in enough shit as it is!? "Okay okay! I'll tell you" I said in a slight panic as I raised my hands to show that I surrendered. However, when I did that I felt the cuff yank on my hand. Which made me wince slightly before putting them down. "It all started freshman year"