track five. cheesy

—

         "you just.... you guys can't be weird, alright?" minghao sighed, while slipping his shoes on.

         seungcheol walked up and grabbed jeonghan's hand, and stood next to him, "what do you mean weird?"

         "you know what i mean." minghao gave the couple a blank stare, and then they nodded.

         "right. no exposing the weird habits you have and the fact that you talk about her twenty-four-seven," jeonghan rolled his eyes, and the three exited their building.

         "shut up," minghao glared at jeonghan, "anyways, i usually walk to her apartment and meet her there so... be as normal as possible."

         jeonghan rolled his eyes, and the three walked down the side walk. minghao was in front of jeonghan and seungcheol, who were walking along and swinging their intertwined hands back and forth.

         it was about ten minutes of walking until they got to mijin's apartment building. minghao saw her standing outside, in a black turtleneck, red and black plaid skirt, black beret, black knee high socks and a brown bookbag over her shoulder. she seemed to be looking at her phone, a concerned look on her face.

         "hey! hao," jeonghan called out. minghao slowed down and began to walk next to jeonghan.

        "yeah?"

         "is that her? in the plaid skirt?" jeonghan asked, to which minghao nodded, "she's like... wow."

         minghao furrowed his eyebrows and looked at jeonghan, "what do you mean?"

          "she's an upgrade," seungcheol chimed in, "she's super cute. you guys would be cute together."

         minghao smiled, he was happy to see that seungcheol and jeonghan were already quite supportive of his decisions. the two were always very straight forward, especially if a decision was stupid. so, if they were saying stuff like that, he knew this didn't have any red flags.

         mijin looked up from her phone and saw minghao (and his two friends). she smiled and walked over to minghao. for the first time, she greeted him with a hug. it was warm, and comforting. he could only smile and hug her back.

         jeonghan looked over at seungcheol and whispered, "whipped. he's whipped. oh my god."

         seungcheol began to laugh, and his laughter was what broke the two out of the hug. mijin looked at the two, a look of confusion on her face.

         "hey, are these your friends?" she asked minghao, clearly worried that it could be some strange men.

         minghao nodded, "yeah, these are my weird friends. jeonghan insisted that him and seungcheol came with me today because they wanted to have a date, and didn't want me to walk alone. i warned them that i didn't walk alone, but i guess they didn't care," minghao chuckled a bit at the end of his sentence. he had came up with that excuse quite fast.

         "uh, which one is which?" mijin asked.

           "oh right, well-"

          "hi, i'm jeonghan." jeonghan extended his hand out for mijin to shake, a charming smile on his face.

         mijin grabbed his hand and shook it, "mijin." she smiled.

         "and i'm seungcheol," he introduced himself, bowing politely. mijin bowed back, and then looked over minghao.

         "shall we get going then?" mijin asked, to which minghao nodded.

         minghao grabbed a hold of mijin's hand out of instinct, and the two began to walk forward, while jeonghan and seungcheol trailed behind.

         "ah... young love. remember when we were like that?" jeonghan sighed, and looked ahead at minghao and mijin, who were holding each other's hands and goofing off.

         "it wasn't that long ago, stupid," seungcheol laughed at jeonghan and slightly nudged him to the side.

         "it's been four years... that's a long time," jeonghan smiled to the ground.

         while seungcheol and jeonghan were being sappy, minghao and mijin were being utter children, calling each other stupid names like, 'onion' and 'broken stick'. they may have been the most obscure things ever, but that just made it all the more funny.

         well, it was like that until minghao changed it.

         "you're a stinky n-noodle," mijin began to giggle after saying it.

         minghao laughed for a moment, but then he began to ponder. "you're the most beautiful human i've ever seen."

         mijin blushed and looked away from him, "hey... that's not how this works."

         "i just felt like saying something true," minghao smiled at the girl who was looking the opposite way of him.

         "you're so cheesy..." she rolled her eyes and bumped into minghao lightly.

         "only for you," minghao said quietly.

         and that was when he knew he was head over heels.

--

HI sorry its been so long ive just been super busy i went on this huge school trip ya anyways here this is