~ 1 year ago~
Lana's POV
My best friend, Ethan and I were at the airport, he was seeing me off. I'm leaving New Jersey to move to California to continue on with my modeling career, which my parents think is ridiculous.

"Are you nervous?" Ethan asked not looking away from his phone. I could tell he was on Instagram.

"Hell yeah, I mean, c'mon. I'm going to Los Angeles without you and to continue my modeling. What if I get rejected?" I kept babbling on until he grabbed my arms and looked at me.

"Lana, look at me. You are an amazing and talented girl. No one will reject you, I promise you." He said. I took a deep breath.

"Okay." I said.

"Flight 245A to Los Angeles, California is now boarding at Gate 3. Again, Flight 245A to Los Angeles, California is bow boarding at Gate 3." The lady went over the intercom. I got up and grabbed my bag off the floor and pulled my ticket out and I turned to Ethan and we hugged tight. Ethan and I have been best friends since we were little. I had the biggest crush on his brother Grayson while we were growing up, but my feelings have changed and I have a huge crush on Ethan. I hate that I'm leaving him behind.

"See you later." He said kissing my head. I kissed his cheek.

"See you later." I said. With that i was walking to the gate and trying not to let the tears fall. We don't ever say 'goodbye' we say 'see you later' because we know it won't be the last time seeing each other. I showed the lady my ticket and she let me board the plane. I went to my seat and sat down. I was sitting next to this little girl who had the isle seat and she was shaking. "Are you okay, sweetie?" I asked.

"They don't have me sitting with my mommy." She said. She couldn't have been no more than 5.

"Where is your mommy?" I asked. She pointed to a lady with brown hair that was on her shoulders and was staring at us. She was sat with an older guy and a teenage boy. "Do you like to color?" I ask getting my adult coloring book out of my bag with colored pencils.

"Yes." She said. I opened the book and she flipped through the pages and pointed to a rose that wasn't colored. I tore it out and pulled her tray down and set it on top and handed her some colored pencils. "Thank you." She said.

"You're welcome." I smiled and put my headphones in and played music on my phone and continued coloring the lion I was coloring. I should probably tell you guys more about myself. I'm 16 years old and I'm a model. I'm going to California to start on my modeling career. My parents think my dream is stupid and all. I'll be staying with my Aunt and her daughter until I turn 18.

•~•
After two hours we finally landed. I got all my stuff together and the little girl handed me the colored rose.

"Here." She said.

"No, sweetie. You keep it." I said. She smiled wide.

"Thank you." She said. Once they were letting people off she ran to her mom. I grabbed my bag and walked off and started walking to baggage claim. While I was waiting the little girl and her family walked over to me with their luggage.

"Excuse me." The mother said.

"Yes, ma'am?" I asked.

"I just wanted to say thank you for keeping my daughter occupied and calm. She is terrified of flying. We tried getting them to let us all sit together but they wouldn't allow it. I was nervous of who was going to sit next to her. I am glad it was you. I appreciate you keeping her calm." She said. I smiled.

"It's not a problem, hun." I said and grabbed my bags off the belt and set them on the floor. "I hope you guys drive safe." I said.

"We hope you do as well." She said. I smiled and started walking with my luggage to find my Aunt. Her daughter was at school. I found my Aunt standing with my Uncle waiting for me.

"Lana!" She smiled big. I walked over and we hugged.

"Hi, Aunt Casey. Hi, Uncle Ron." I said. Uncle Ron grabbed my bags and we started walking.

"How was the flight?" She asked.

"It was good. Sat next to a little girl who got separated from her family." I said. She nodded. We got in her car and she started it while Ron put my bags in the back. He got in and she drove off.

"So, Angie is at school and won't be home until 2." She said.

"I figured." I said. We got to the house and they showed me around. Apparently I would be sharing a room with Angie. Last I remembered she wasn't my biggest fan.

~~~~~~~~
Hey, guys. This is my first ever story! I hope you guys enjoy it!

Vote

Follow

Comment :)