Chapter 26; Anger

Miley's p.o.v

I had nowhere to go, and really no place to hide. I felt trapped in this big house. I was starting to become frustrated. I wanted to run away. Running always helped me find peace, and clear my head. But, I wasn't allowed to leave the house. I was so uncomfortable in this situation, and I didn't know what to do.

I changed into shorts and a tank top before walking downstairs to the gym room. I was expecting to see Justin, but I guess he was in the weight room. It was probably best, I needed my space. I got on the treadmill and started running. I couldn't focus anymore. I just needed space, and I needed to think clearly again.

"Miley?" Justin said pressing stop on the machine. "Take a break." He said handing me a water bottle. I must have blacked out.

"Thanks," I huffed before sitting down on the floor. I needed to catch my breath.

"You okay?" He asked sitting in front of me. His body was covered in sweat making him shine.

"Yeah, running helps clear my head." I breathed.

"I understand." He smiled.

"Justin, what is going on?" I asked looking at him.

"What do you mean?" He asked trying to act like everything was fine. I could see right through him, but he didn't seem to think so.

"Don't. I know that you are keeping something from me." I started. "Maybe you think it will keep me safe, so I don't worry. But, I know that something is going on. Please just tell me." I practically begged.

"Miley, I don't think that we should have this conversation." He said standing to his feet.

"Justin, don't do this. I just want the truth." I said standing to my feet.

"I don't want you to worry about anything." He said holding my face in his hands. "You trust me, right?" He asked looking deep into my eyes.

"Yes, but that's not the point." I said pulling away.

"I don't want to fight with you." He said raising his voice.

"Then don't. Just tell me what is going on." I said raising my voice.

"I can't, and I won't." He said walking away.

"Uh, Justin. We got company." Zach said standing in the doorway. Justin's head snapped towards Zach. Zach's facial expression held an uneasy look. Everything in me twisted. I could sense something was not right.

"Stay here, got it?" Justin said looking at me.

"No, I won't." I said walking towards the door.

"Miley," Justin grabbed my arm. "Don't do this." He demanded.

"I don't have to do anything that I don't want to do." I said through my teeth.

"You are staying here whether you like it, or not." He said. He walked towards the door and shut it before I had the chance to move. I tried opening the door, but it was locked. I banged on it, but the guys walked away.

I couldn't believe that Justin actually locked me in this room. I also couldn't believe that Zach helped him. I was so angry and upset at the both of them. If Justin thought that I was going to want to talk to him after this he really has lost his mind. I felt my blood start to boil within me. I don't think I have ever been this angry towards anyone.

Justin's p.o.v

I followed Zach up towards the living room. I opened the front door to see Carl standing there.

"Can I help you?" I asked. He looked distort.

"I just wanted you to know that your house is bugged. Just the living room. Also, Mike and Malcom are up to something. Hell, they might even kill me. I don't even know if the treaty is real anymore. They are pissed, and they want Miley back. I have nowhere to go anymore. I just, I thought I could help you. I wanted to warn you." He reasoned. He kept looking behind him and he couldn't stay focused. I could see that he was being truthful.

"What do you want?" I asked. I could tell if he was after something here or not.

"I don't want anything. I just want out of this. I am tired of this whole thing. I don't want this life, and I never did. Tell Miley that I am sorry for everything." He said before walking away.

"Where are you going to go?" I asked.

"I don't know." He sighed.

"Listen, there is a motel 6 about ten miles from here. Ask for the manager, tell him I sent you. He will give you a safe place to stay for the time being. Ditch your phone and identification. Hopefully you find your way. I will call you if I come up with anything." I said. I could tell that he needed a safe place, and I knew that I could help.

"Thank you so much." He said before getting into his car.

"And ditch the car." I nodded. He nodded and got into his car before driving off.

I walked into the house and sighed. I nodded at Zach and he walked upstairs. I walked down stairs and unlocked the gym door. I saw Miley sitting down against the wall. Once she saw me, she got up and walked out the open door. She was pissed, and I could tell she wasn't going to talk to me anytime soon. I followed her upstairs and into my bedroom. She grabbed her belongings, and ran past me into another room slamming the door shut and locking it behind her.

"Miley, open up." I tried to reason. She said nothing. I banged on the door a few more times, but there was no response.

"I don't think she is going to come out here anytime soon." Zach sighed walking towards me.

"So it seems," I sighed. I sat down on the floor and leaned against her door.

"I will wait here." I said loud enough for her to hear. Zach nodded and walked away.