002.

TWO

She may have been the queen of the night, but during the day, he reigned

His large timberland boots sounded against the grainy concrete with every step. The darkness of his ripped jeans contrasted greatly with the sliver a light skin that peaked through.

Though it was a rather big city, his preferred and only way of transportation was by foot.

During this time he got to clear his mind and listen to music. Which he lunged at the opportunity each time it was presented.

He found pleasure sticking those white silicon buds in, blocking any audible sound from the outside world and being taken away by the melody of his preferred soundtrack.

Today was rather warm, and the fact that he had on not only jeans, but black jeans in such weather sparked interest in Uriah.

They stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the waves of sandy colored shorts and capris.

She was just about to leave when she saw the familiar face waltzing into the lobby doors down below.

Pushing from the window, she sprinkled food in the colorful bird's thin metal cage before shutting it back and hooking the small latch.

She threw her simple earth toned knapsack over her bright yellow flannel covered shoulder and headed out her apartment, locking the door after her exit.

She pushed the arrow pointing down and stood, waiting for whoever occupied the elevator to get off and allow her entrance.

Finally it arrived with a small 'ding' and the doors slid open, showing the abnormally dressed boy.

Her glossed lips parted as she opened them to speak, "Are you getting off?"

"No."

With that as her cue, she steps into the small box and presses down on the first floor button. Sending them back to the lobby.

His grip onto the silver steel poles tightened slightly as his white teeth clenched, jaw defining.

She was even prettier up close.

Her aura was warm and soft, like a fire on a bitter winter day.

"I like your jeans." Her pearly white teeth even brighter due to the difference in the color and tone of her skin, "Though it's rather warm."

He looks down as if he forgot he were even wearing pants then to her legs that were bare.

"I like your hair." Once the words slip from his tongue, he mentally slaps himself. He should've just received the compliment and then reciprocate the favor.

But instead he just randomly blurted that he liked something, not even related to her outfit, and though her outfit was indeed nice, her curly ponytail was more eye catching.

"Thanks." She chuckles and steps off.

Should he have stepped off too?

He looked silly riding the elevator back and forth but truth is he really had to pee, and if he got off then he'd be stuck holding it. If he rode the elevator back up he'd seem weird for not getting off in the first place.

But once he saw her on the other side he froze.

"Aren't you coming?" She asks, holding her hand in the way so the doors didn't shut on him.

"Right behind you." He said coming back to his senses, realizing that his bladder wouldn't be releasing anything for a good while.