Chapter 4 - 'Remember nothing illegal disgusting or degrading.'

"I think I know but I don't know why."

-Oasis

That night, I get a call from Cameron.

"I need you to come to my agent's office tomorrow night at six," he says, before even a hello.

"Why?" I ask, sitting down on my bed. I cradle my phone between my ear and shoulder and flick open a magazine, skipping through it absently.

"He wants to talk to us about the tabloids, apparently he won't say anything to me until we're both there," he says, his voice sounding kind of irritated.

"Okay, sure, just text me the address and I'll be there," I say.

"Yeah, will do," he says.

"Oh, did you talk to Daisy?"

"Yeah I did and she wasn't happy," he says. I groan.

"Really? I thought she'd be chill."

"No she thought it was all true and even after I tried to explain how the tabloids can twist things she still thought I was lying to her," he sighs heavily. "I'm just wanting to get all of this sorted."

"I know, me too. I'll be at your agent's by six."

*

I step out of my car onto the sidewalk in front of a large duplex, the skyscraper towering high above me. The weather's humid and cloudy today, unlike the hot sunshine we had yesterday, which leads me to think there's a storm coming. I lock my car and send Cameron a message telling him I'm in the foyer.

I'm hit instantly by a fresh, air conditioned mist, which I welcome onto my body. I dressed classy, mostly because I felt like that was what was appropriate, but also because there's a small part of me which wants to impress Cameron's manager. Not in an 'I want to be your next teen model' kind of way, but more that I don't want him thinking the idea of Cameron dating me absolutely horrendous. I don't know why. I'm trying not to read into it too much.

I have on a white fitted skater dress, the material slightly heavier than I'd like it to be in this heat. Over the dress I have a black blazer, matched with a pair of black suede heels and black Prada tote. I'm put together and professional, so hopefully Cameron's manager will view me as such. My makeup is neutral, with nude lips and a dewy complexion, my eyes only covered with a couple layers of mascara. I have my hair loose, the front strands tucked behind my ears, showing off the few piercings I have.

I'm honestly not that big a fan of piercings, but I don't mind ear piercings, so I have some. Two on my right ear and three on my left. The main holes hold a pair of silver hoops and the others just plain diamond studs.

"Okay," a voice says in my ear, the exact same time as the person takes hold of my arm and begins walking me towards the elevator, "we're a little late but it's okay because you look perfect so I don't think Anthony'll mind."

"Did you just say I look perfect? Aw, Cammy!" I gush, pinching his cheek teasingly.

"I meant you look perfect for the occasion," he mutters, clicking a button to summon the lift.

"Oh, and I'm right on time, it's you that's late," I point out. He told me to wait for him until he got here so we could enter together, and he's also the same one who was ten minutes behind schedule.

"Details," he scoffs, brushing it off and I snort.

"If you make out to your manager that I was the one who made us late, I will not be happy."

"And that would make a change, how?"

"Oh I'm always happy," I say. "I'm just also a bit of a cold-hearted bitch. Not really how I planned my life to end up, but here we are. Then again, I hardly planned any of this. Getting tied up with you was not exactly on the cards."