Prompt #4

Prompt: How about a prompt where Tyson met his half-siblings and talked to them

                A.N.- This prompt takes place after the one where Tyson and his mom out Mallory to his wife, a few years after the events of the main story

----------------------------------

                Tyson sat in the café, nervously fidgeting with his straw wrapper. He checked his watch again and tried to calm himself. He'd gotten here early. They didn't have to be right on time. It didn't mean they were standing him up.

                But would Tyson blame his siblings for standing him up? Their parents were going through a nasty divorce, and it was all because Tyson existed.

                But they'd reached out to him. Simon had messaged him online, and the two had set up to meet today at this café.

                Tyson checked his watch again. He wouldn't blame his siblings if they were mad at him. He just hoped they'd remember that it wasn't Tyson's fault their father had been a lying cheater. Still, Tyson was the one who'd come forward and split apart their family. Surely they'd be angry at him for that.

                He looked up as the door opened. His breath caught in his throat as the two approached the table, not meeting his eyes as they sat down.

                He couldn't sotp staring. He and Carly Mallory only shared a few similar features. But him and Simon Mallory.

                They were their father's sons. They were clearly related.

                Simon stared at the table.

                "I'm Tyson," Tyson said at last, breaking the silence.

                Simon finally dragged his gaze up, wincing a little as he took in the sight of Tyson. "I'm Simon. This is Carly."

                "I'm going to get us drinks, Si," Carly mumbled, getting up and going to the counter.

                "Thanks for meeting with us," Simon said. The air around them was so awkward it made Tyson feel sick to his stomach. But these were his siblings. He wanted to meet them.

                "I wanted to meet with you guys," Tyson said honestly.

                They fell silent, waiting until Carly had come back. She handed Simon a drink and peeked up at Tyson before looking to her brother.

                "We...talked. A lot," Simon said. He carried himself the same way Mallory did, a confident set to his shoulders despite his clear discomfort. "We love our father. And we're crushed our parents are divorcing."

                Tyson felt his shoulders slump. He'd expected them to be angry. But it still hurt.

                "I really am sorry. But your mother deserved to know. And my parents deserved to stop living life afraid of Mallory's threats," Tyson said, hands gripping his drink, just needing to feel something solid. He wished Nolan was here. "Your mom should've known when it first happened. But my mom was scared for me."

                "She did deserve to know," Simon said, surprising Tyson. "I love my father. But I'm disgusted by what he did. And I'm disgusted he threatened your family to keep my mom in the dark about his sins."

                Carly traced her finger along the design on her cup. "We wanted to volunteer for the Social Action Club activities, but dad always said no. Whenever we asked why, he said we shouldn't support a club that wouldn't let new members in. He said they used students for their work and then took the credit, and he'd help us get honest volunteer work."