Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry for those who have read this chapter days ago. I had to unpublish since it was just an accidental publish brought by the fact that I was so sleepy when I was editing it, and the chapter was not yet complete that time. Anyways, enjoy chapter 3 :))

It's time for our gym class which is track and field, one of the subjects I dreaded the most. But hey, at least Ryota is in the same class as I do and I can open up my proposal to him which I was dying to tell him days ago.

"Go Toru-san!!"

Nah, there's my fangirls, watching at the side and screaming like crazy. Typical me, not giving a fuck about them even if they manage to throw themselves at me. I was relieved to see Ryota enter the field. We get into our positions ready for the signal that will provided by our teacher. Luckily, Ryota was beside me, easier for me to initiate the conversation. The teacher signaled us and then we started running.

"Hey, remember the one I texted to you last night?"

"Oh yeah, what's with that?"

"I wanted to create a band"

Ryota then stopped, like I said something that's a matter of life and death. With that, most of our classmates outraced us.

"Are you fucking serious?"

"Yeah, why's that? We can be the big-"

"Don't get me wrong, remember how we managed to disband during our HEADS days? When we had big dreams back then, when we promised we would be the biggest in Japan? But look how it all went down there. In which, you happen to not be able to talk to me for 3 straight days that made me worried."

He sure made a point.

"We could give it a try you know? Nothing hurts when we try."

"Are you even listening to yourself?"

Yeah, I know that his objective was to not bring me down, but rather just to show concern over me like the bestfriend he always was.

"Just one try, one last try. Maybe its just because I was not able to handle things properly back then since we were still too young."

He then looked at me, somehow skeptical about my proposal, but I knew he would understand it sooner or later.

"Okay then, let's try." He assured me with a smile.

I was so happy that I had my best friend to back me up again and to support this plan of mine even if the chances of getting it to be successful were slim. I hug him like it was my last moments of being alive.

"Thank you, thank you, you're always there with me eversince the beginning!"

"Nah, you always came up with the weirdest ideas and yet they come out good. I don't even know what's with you", he joked.

I feel like a lot of weight was lifted upon my shoulders. Well yes, aside from opening up to Kai.

We and Ryota plan to head home when we decided to come to the nearby festival first to just go eat at the stores selling street foods. Because not only does it look tempting, the aroma does also. This is brought by the fact that we're starving from the tiring gym class and we didn't think twice to go to the event for that agenda. We also saw a lot of kids running with their kites or running while rolling the wheel using a stick and tries to do it for the sake of a race. That just got me nostalgic, I miss my childhood days when me and Ryota were playing with other children and we're able to win most of the bets that are set in the games. Ryota even told me that I was full of luck. After eating a lot, we headed near the stage where there happens to be some performers singing for the sake of the audiences' entertainment.

"Give it up for Chivalry of Music!"

Never heard of this pop band before but it won't hurt if I give them a try. Since a lot of people who perform here were good enough to be heard by other people.

The audience remained silent so they can listen to them properly. They sang so beautifully but still somehow needs improvement maybe because they were still young and were still emerging? Then there's one member that amazed me, I had no idea who he is but comparing to other members, he was able to sing in high notes and what the hell? how is his talent being taken like that for granted?? I mean in boybands, everyone needs to sing but the problem that I see was the fact that he had the fewest solo enough for him to be outshined. That just make me want to kick someone out of pure rage.

"Hey Ryota?"

"Hmm?"

"Ever notice that guy?

"Yeah, Takahiro Moriuchi? The son of the famous Shinichi and Masako. What's with him?

"Ohh, that's why he's also a good singer. Do you think he can be a good vocalist?"

Ryota then look at me with wide eyes. Like I'm ready to be killed but rather....

"Hahahaha what the hell are you talking about?? That guy has his own--- Oh no no, Toru Yamashita, you are not going to do what you want to do" he picked up a hint on how I smirked.

"You know me so fucking well then."

Ever since we were still kids, he knows I try really fucking hard when I wanted something. No matter how it looks impossible to achieve. Except during our HEADS days, maybe its the best for all of us that it has been put to an end since we were still young at that time, that stage of our life was when we were still eager to explore and try new things, in which settling for what we think we wanted that time might not always be the best option.

"Toru! Come back here!"

Without further ado, I immediately came for the backstage hoping I could talk to Takahiro. But before Ryota could stop me, I already tapped the guy's shoulder.

"Hey, you were good out there!"

"Uhm... thanks?" This guy has some major trust issues. He thinks I'm playing around.

"Care to join my band?"

"Excuse me?!" I could hint the annoyance on his tone and facial expression.

"Toru, what are you doing? Let's go.", Ryota whisphered. He take a hold of my arm but I insist on going because I wanted to please this guy. When a guard went suspicious so he came to our way that resulted for Ryota to panic.

"Anything wrong there?"

"No sir, we were just talking" Takahiro replied then glared at me. Luckily, the guard went away.

"Mind your own business. I have my own band as you can see and I'm not in the mood for your games." the guy insisted before he left me and Ryota. Wow, this guy is really hard to please. We were about to leave but I really don't want to give up.

"Really, is this what you really want? Because you do looked outshined by the rest.", he stopped dead on his tracks.

Author's note:

OH NO HE DIDN'T. The situation was somehow similar to the real events but I altered it so it fits the storyline that I envisioned. Anyways, anyone else crying about Toru's dating rumor?? I hope they decide to make Heartache belong to the concert setlists again bc of that. 😭😭😭