Russia... Prussia...?

Slam! Matthew Williams bit his lip to avoid crying out as Ivan Braginsky, the big Russian who scared most, shoved him against the lockers, Matthew hitting his head right on a lock.

"You pathetic Canadians!" His voice quite thick with his Russian accent, he'd only moved to the school last semester, but he was quick to make his status.

"P-please Ivan.. Leave me alone.."

"Nyet. You are too fun to mess with.." His tone turning dark as something in those purple eyes changed.

"I-Ivan..?" The feeble Canadian boy inquired while shaking.

Shoving Matthew against the locker harder, Ivan leaned in and began breathing down his neck. Matthew let loose a mangled cry as Ivan had caused his head of blond curls to smack the lock.

"Get zhe hell off of him!!" Came the voice of a thick German, or perhaps Prussian accent.

Ivan found himself being thrown to the floor and staring into the red eyes of Gilbert Beilschmidt, the albino of the school. Even though it was no longer 1947 and back, Gilbert still called himself Prussian, even though his brother, Ludwig, called himself German.

"Vhat are ju doing to Matthew, Ivan?"

"Oh come on, Gilbert, I'm just having some fun, right Matt?"

"I know ju are lying. Matthew hates being called Matt."

Matthew had slumped and was huddled up against the locker, really wishing it would just swallow him up. It was bad enough he couldn't fight his own battles, but the Prussian man he barely talked to was fighting this for him.

Ivan stood, "So what if I wasn't? What's it to you?"

Putting his hands in his pockets of his ripped skinny jeans, Gilbert looked into Ivan's beady eyes, "Vhats it to me? Ju are bullying and violating another person, and, zhat iz not awesome. The awesome me vould respect vhen someone didn't vant something."

Ivan stomped over to Matthew, grabbed the shaking boy by his red hoodie, and threw him into Gilbert's arms. The albino male caught him and held him close to the inside of his leather jacket. With that, the angry Russian stormed off, "You will become one with Mother Russia!"

Matthew trembled and shook until Ivan was well gone.

"It's okay, birdie. Ju are safe now."

"Uhh.. Gil?"

"Yes?"

"Y-you can let go of me now.."

"Right. Sorry, Matthew."

He let go of him and ruffled the Canadian's already messy hair.

"Why did you call me birdie?"

"It's cute, like ju, and reminds me of my pet bird, Gilbird. He likes to nestle in my hair and make it messy."

Very suddenly, Matthew's cheeks became painted a dusty pink color, "Y-you think I'm cute?"

'Shit. Did I say zhat aloud?!' The larger male was now mentally smacking himself with a mallet.

"V-vell ja. I zhink ju are cute."

Smiling, Matthew launched himself at Gilbert's chest and wrapped his around him.

"Vhat are ju doing, birdie?"

"Hugging you and thanking you simultaneously."

'Cute.' The Prussian thought as he began hugging the Canadian boy in return, not minding that others had stopped in the hallway to watch.

Not even Matthew's brother Alfred, who's family had adopted Matthew, yell, "Yeah Matthew!! Get some!!"

Americans......

{ No offense should be taken from that last bit. I'm American myself }