Chapter 8: Concerns and Hope

"YOU DID WHAT LAST NIGHT!?"

"I...I proposed...t...to Dr...Dr. Fox.  She said yes."

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?!"

"Y...Yes."

"I KNEW YOU TWO WOULD BE AN AMAZING PAIR!  MY SHIP IS CONFIRMED!"

Phoenix ran all around the hospital room, waking up Dr. Fox.

"Huh?  WAH?  Oh.  It's morning.  Where is everyone?"

"They're all at the castle.  Oh, and Dr. Fox, I'd like you to meet my sister, Phoenix."

Phoenix waved excitedly at Dr. Fox, and then started to bounce around the room again.

"You have a sister?"

"Yep.  We met yesterday, while you were unconscious."

Dr. Fox looked Phoenix up and down with her one good eye.

"She looks nothing like you."

Phoenix must of overheard her, since she then exclaimed "I don't consider myself a boy or girl.  I am Androgynous."

"Oh!  Sorry.  Would it be okay, when referring to your gender, I call you 'it'?"

"Sure."

Dr. Fox looked at the ring on her paw.  She smiled at the thought of her and Hawkodile getting married.  After they recover, after this whole thing is over, they will be able to get...

"AUGH!" Dr. Fox screamed in agony as she clutched her chest and coughed up more blood.

Phoenix gasped as Hawkodile tried to help her.  Dr. Fox's right arm was shaking as she tried to support herself, left arm holding her chest with a strong grip.  The dizzying spells that happened to her last night while she was doing the same thing came back.  She put her paw on her forehead, and that signaled Hawkodile to lay her down in bed again.

"The effect of her coughing up blood could come from the trauma of the holes in her chest.  Loosing more blood isn't going to help her, though.  She needs rest.  Lots of it."

Hawkodile patted Dr. Fox gingerly on the head, and she closed her eyes, drifting off into a deep sleep once again.  He soon noticed that Dr. Fox was very pale and cold.  "It must be from her coughing up all that blood."  he said.  "You're right, Phoenix, she does need a lot of rest."

Dr. Fox silently whimpered and stirred as she tried to sleep.  She kept her paws on Hawkodile's chest and leaned her head against him as she sliently slept.  Hawkodile tried to stay as still as possible, as Phoenix said a quiet "Aww!" as she saw the cute couple doze off.  She left the room and closed the door behind her.

Dr. Fox and Hawkodile woke up in the middle of the afternoon.  Dr. Fox rubbed her eyes as she tried not to cough, but ended up doing so anyway, more blood coming out of her mouth.  Hawkodile helped her to the bathroom this time and she kept coughing into the toilet.  She held her chest in pain and moaned whenever she became lightheaded of all the coughing.  She became even more pale and cold, but luckily, Hawkodile quickly took her back to her bed, covered her up in blankets, and rested her head gently onto her pillow.  She soon fell asleep once more, as Hawkodile stared at her worriedly, eyes wide with fear.  Tears came out from under his shades.  They dripped onto Dr. Fox as he hugged her with all the love he had for her.

"P...PLEASE!  D...DON'T LEAVE ME!  I...I NEED YOU!  I...I Love you..." his voice died into a whisper as more tears came streaming down his face.  He shakily stroked Dr. Fox's ashy fur, and kissed her on the lips.  He tasted the blood that was left on her mouth, and cried at the thoughts of her dying from her loss of blood.  He couldn't lose her.  He loved her with all his heart. 

Dr. Fox put her paw in his hand.  It was as cold as ice.  He then noticed that her face was turning pale, even more pale than it should be.  Her breathing became fast, almost as if she was grasping  for air.  Hawkodile quickly turned the oxygen flow faster for her breathing tube.  Dr. Fox gasped in relief.  She grabbed Hawkodile's chest with an incredible strength.  Hawkodile flinched when she did so, since she was holding onto one of his wounds.  He felt her tears streaming down his torso.  He couldn't help but cry with her.  Their tears and emotions became one as Hawkodile hugged Dr. Fox, and Dr. Fox lay comfortably on Hawkodile, one hand on his chest, her other hand grabbing her own chest, trying to ease the pain.

"Y...You c...can't die!  PLEASE!"

"D...Don't w...worry.  I w...won't."

Dr. Fox slowly tried to release her other paw from her chest, but she quickly retracted and clenched it again.

"A...Are you o...okay?"

Dr. Fox's eye flicked up to meet Hawkodile's shades.  She shook her head back and forth weakly.

"I...I just w...want this whole t...thing to b...be over..."

"Me too..." Hawkodile said as he prayed for the best.

Dr. Fox and Hawkodile smiled at the fact that they were together once more.  They were together, and that's what mattered.

"Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times, If One Only Remembers To Turn On The Light!"

-Albus Dumbledore