(2) ᴍʏ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ sᴛᴀʀᴛs

"So what kind of pokémon is this? Is it legendary? Xerneas? Yvelta? Mew?" I excitedly asked Jessie, wanting to know who I should expect to see.

"It's this twerp's Pikachu and we're gonna take it, give it to the boss and roll in the money he gives us for it!" Meowth proudly stated. I was dumbfounded.

"A Pikachu? Seriously? Five years have gone by and you're trying to take some kid's Pikachu?" The three looked at each other nervously after I said that.

"Well it's a very powerful Pikachu," James started.

"That I'm sure the boss would love to have," Jessie continued.

"And we're gonna swipe it for him and be rich!" Meowth concluded. I rolled my eyes at them and continued looking out at the rising sun. James announced that we were finally going to be stopping at a Pokémon Center at our destination.

The Kalos Region. Lumiose City.

Jessie threw me some clothes and told me to slip them on over my uniform. I questioned why and they said it was to hide ourselves from any police and the kid. I slipped on the ugliest dress and a blonde wig and we continued our descent into the woods behind the center building.

As we walked out of the woods, we spotted some kids about my age walking into the Pokémon Center. A boy with blonde hair and a little girl who looked like his younger sister, a girl with honey-blonde hair and a boy with raven black hair and a Pikachu on his shoulder. I heard the three squeal behind me.

"That's him! That's the twerp and his little Pikachu that is soon gonna be ours! Now, with you on our side, we'll be unstoppable! Especially with our new plan!" They all said in happy, sing-song voices. More eye-rolling from me and we walked into the Pokémon center. We spotted them sitting in a booth, presumably waiting for their pokémon to get rested.

We sat in a booth close by and listened in to their conversation. Apparently, the boy with black hair, Ash, is working to become a Pokémon master and the girl with honey hair wants to be Kalos Queen. Oh, and her name is Serena. The siblings, Clemont and Bonnie, just joined Ash on his journey and seem to be learning a lot about training, battling, and being a good trainer. Seems like they all have goals and dreams... what's my goal?

Hearing about their aspirations made me wonder about what I was going to do with my life. Be on Team Rocket forever? I can't be a trainer, performer or anything. Not with who I am or who my father is... Whatever. This world is a bad place anyways, I don't need to get mixed up with anything while I'm out. Just go out, do my mission, and go back in. Forever...

My thoughts were interrupted by Nurse Joy calling for the group to tell them that their pokémon were feeling better. We followed them out and stalked them until we reached a shopping district in Lumiose City. It was packed with shops, spas, and restaurants for people and pokémon alike. I gazed at the restaurants and the foods in awe as we walked by. We were supposed to be following the group, but Jessie got distracted.

I heard her squeal and pull my arm towards this super fancy store, that had everything from dresses to pajamas stocked up.

"Let's do a little shopping first! We'll catch up with the twerps anyways!" She said as she kept pulling me. I had never really gone shopping so I was fine with Jessie pulling me towards the store, with James and Meowth slowly walking behind us. I noticed that the girls from the group, Serena and Bonnie, were also dragging the boys into the store.

We entered the store and it was just as bright and colorful on the inside as it was on the outside. Jessie let go of me and sped towards the fancy dresses and ball gowns. I decided to explore the casual section a little more meanwhile James and Meowth sat on a bench, already bored out of their minds. As I was looking through the selection of clothes, I could see Serena and Bonnie looking through the fancier clothes. They picked out things that they liked and gave them to the boys to carry. In the end, they had a giant haul and the boys looked tired from carrying all of it.