Freckles

Charles pov

So I was new in town and had always went to the gym but since I moved I had to go to a different gym.

Well no shit I did Sherlock.

So I had been going to the new gym awhile now and there's this guy. He has freckles and long curly dark hair...he's just perfect! Did I mention he has freckles? Did I mention I possibly have a kink for freckles? Well I do. Freckles is amazing but I don't even think he knows I exists. He's never looked at me let alone talked to me.

I don't know what to do. I'm not the flirtiest guy. It's easy to impress girls since I go to the gym but I don't want to impress girls. I'm gay it would do me no good. How am I supposed to impress a guy at the gym by going to the gym?

As soon as I figure out how to talk to him I will. Im pretty sure he's gay too- I mean- he shows up to the gym wearing shirts with gay flags on them and "GAY PRIDE".

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he's gay.

Hope he's gay.

"Excuse me?" I heard an angelic voice say
"Huh?" I mumbled looking up. I blushed lightly as my eyes met Freckles.
"Can I use that equipment?" He asked
"Oh..um...sure" I said quickly getting up. I tripped and fell on him. My face burned red as he caught me. He pushed me off of him quickly.
"Watch it" He snapped
"S-sorry!" I said getting out of his way

That was hella embarrassing. Not only does he probably hate me, he probably also thinks I'm a klutz. I gathered my things before leaving.

When I came back the next day I came in planning to use the bench press- but oh no no no. Life isn't that easy on you Charles. John was sitting up on the bench press, a shorter guy sitting on his lap. So he is gay. But he has a boyfriend. Why am I not surprised?! They were talking and they seemed so happy.

If freckles is gonna get with a shorter guy at least get one a little stronger. For example-

I felt pissed but I just went along with my day as I planned. I went over to John.

"Can I use this?" I asked
"We're a little busy" he sorta snapped
"Oh bother" I grumbled. I left and went to the other half of the gym. There were a lot more girls on this side of the gym. Very few guys but it was better than the other side. A few girls glared at me as if I was going to try something. I just went over to the bench press and continued my day as I planned.

I had been there a few hours and was gonna get ready to leave. I didn't bench press the whole time. That's not what I meant. I realized I left my stuff on the other side of the gym where freckles is. Shit.

I groaned and went to that side of the gym to get my stuff. Freckles was also getting his stuff. We were too close for comfort. My face burned red.

At one point our hands accidentally touched. I jumped back in surprise. He looked at me as if I was crazy.

"What's up with you?" He questioned, crossing his arms
"Excuse me?" I shot back
"What's. Up. With. You." He repeated
"Why. Is. It. Your. Business?" I snapped
"No need to snap at me" he said rolling his eyes
"Says the one who snapped at me earlier" I mumbled. He gripped the collar of my shirt.
"Say that to my face" he snapped
"John you promised" I heard the smaller man that was on freckles lap earlier whine. He let go of my shirt. I fell to the ground. God was he tall.

I got up and kept gathering my stuff. Before John walked out he said "you better watch it tomorrow" then shoved me into the table. I hit my knee against a stool and shit it hurt.

"Fuck!" I yelped in pain. Freckles- John I assume- glanced over his shoulder with what I thought was a concerned look but I'm probably just delusional.

COME THE NEXT DAY AND MY LEGS IN EVEN MORE PAIN. FRICCIN FUCKIN FABULOUS. Worst part is I walk to the gym. So I limped most of the time. When I got there John was occupying the bench press. I tried doing a few other things but it hurt. After only about 20 minutes I started getting my things together.

John got off the bench press and I figured I'd use it. I went over and got on the bench press. Just a few seconds later John came back over
"I was using that" he said impatiently. I didn't want to deal with his BS so I just got up and limped away.

"Do you need help?" He asked seeing me limping
"Why would you help?! This whole thing is your fault!" I finally snapped
"I-I" he started
"You what?! What did I ever do to you!?!"
"Watch your mouth." He said firmly
"Or what?" I dared. He pinned me against the wall.
"Or you'll have more than a limp" he threatened
"Go head. Hurt me." I continued
"Don't test me"
"I already am" I shot back

He punched me in the stomach. I coughed, holding my stomach in pain.

I started to swing a punch but he caught my arm, pinning me against the wall again, arm above my head. I glared at him and he glared back.

"Still wanna test me?" He question threateningly
"Do your worst." I said still not backing down
"John you promised me." I heard a familiar voice say. I turned my head to see the one and only JOHN'S BOYFRIEND. Just. FRicCIn. Great.
"Just once?" John asked
"You promised!"
"Fine." John said letting go of me. I take it I'm not the first person he's picked on.

I went back to getting my stuff.

"John why is he limping?" He questioned "what did you do?"
"I didn't do anything!" John claimed
"Bullshit!" I inquired
"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled at me
"Or what?!" I shot back
"John, leave him alone. He didn't do anything to you" his little boyfriend said. John's boyfriend was a lot nicer than he was. What in hell brought them together?

You have one guy with curly hair and freckles that's a total sun of a bitch (yet somehow hot) and then you have a shorty with straight long hair and stubble that has a somewhat decent personality from what I've heard.

As I started limping out I heard them start to argue. I hated arguing more than anything- except yelling. I hated being yelled at. I wiped away tears as I remembered things my parents used to say to me. Why do I have to be gay?

I swung open the door to the cafe where I worked. I tied my apron around my neck and waist and sat at the counter to take peoples orders. Not the best job but I need the money. Collage is....rough.

My first customer just happened to be the one and only John what's his last name! Yay! I'm. Just. Bursting. With. Joy. Not dying inside at all.

He looked like he had been crying. Lucky for me he didn't recognize me..at least not right away.
"Vanilla latte" He mumbled clearly exhausted. I made his drink.

"Vanilla latte" I said handing him his drink. He must've recognized my voice because he looked up confused.
"What did you do to it?" He spat
"Nothing." I said bluntly
"I don't believe you" he said crossing his arms
"John do you want your drink or not? I have other people to deal with" I groaned
"Fine." He paid for his drink before leaving
"John are you ok? You look like you've been crying.." I mumbled
"Why would you care?" He snapped. What I expected.
"John. Just tell me what's going on" I tried to convince him
"I'll tell in the gym tomorrow" he mumbled before leaving. I didn't plan on going to the gym tomorrow since I was in a lot of pain but John was hot so...you bet your ass I'm going.

Work eventually ended and I went back to my apartment. The next morning I went to the gym as always. I had a limp but I was getting along just fine.

I went in and saw John arguing with his boyfriend. I didn't know what to do so I waited on a bench outside. Eventually John's boyfriend stormed out and went home. I went back in the gym and saw John crying. I ran over and hugged him "don't cry.." I mumbled. Another thing I hated. I hated when people cried.

He hugged me back. It shocked me but I still hugged him tightly. I wiped away his tears.
"Tell me what happened" I said softly
"He broke up with me" he cried. I knew John loved his boyfriend- well ex. I actually felt bad for him.
"Why'd he break up with you?" I asked wiping away his tears again. He wouldn't tell me. I still hugged him.
"It'll be ok" I told him