chapter nine

Spoilers for 'Time' just in case you've been reading that.
________________________________

Raven chewed on her fingernails anxiously as she balanced on her crutches. She stood in front of a table of blueprints and failed creations. She sighed deeply as she crumbled up yet another sketch.

"Dammit!" She yelled as she slammed her hands on the table.

Raven just wanted to build a brace. She had refused the one the doctor had for her, telling him to shove it up his ass instead. Sometimes, Raven's stubbornness could get in the way.

Hours later after more and more failed designs, Raven had finally made a working brace. She smiled to herself as she held up the brace and moved it around.

"I did it.." She muttered. Just then, the door opened and Sam walked in bruised and cut. Raven dropped her brace and moved over to him.

"Oh my god. When I get my hands on him I will-" Sam chuckled and help up a hand as Raven's hands found the side of his face to examine his wounds. "I'm fine, really. And Bucky is back. Not completely, but he's not trying to kill us. Clara, she came back and somehow kept him from killing Steve. She brought him back. Nobody except Steve knows how," Sam told her. Raven sighed and pulled him into a hug, dropping her crutches. Sam winced at her strong embrace, but hugged her back almost as tightly.

"I'm so glad you aren't dead," Raven muttered. Sam nodded and nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck. He was happy to be back with her, wanting to be near her every second of the day.

Raven pulled away reluctantly, but kept her hands on Sam's shoulders.

"You leave me like that again, I will personally escort you to hell myself," Raven told him sternly. Sam gulped and nodded, then his eyes caught the brace on the table behind Raven

"Whats that?" He asked as he picked up her crutches and handed them to her. Raven looked at the brace and smiled proudly.

"A brace, handmade by yours truly," Raven said as she crutched over. Sam's face lit up as he looked up at her. "Really?" Raven nodded as Sam picked it up and played with it.

"If you break that I will-"

"Enough with the threats! Damn!" Raven chuckled and hopped on her desk, taking the brace from Sam. She breathed deeply as she looked down at her leg. Sam walked in front of her and took the brace from her hand. Raven watched as Sam lifted her leg and placed it on his thigh. He looked up at Raven with raised eyebrows and she nodded anxiously. Sam placed the brace on her leg and attached all the straps and buckles. He grabbed Raven waist as helped her hop down. Raven grabbed a crutch and sighed. She took one step slowly as Sam lingered behind her to make sure she didn't fall.

To Raven, her leg felt like dead weight, but when she stepped forward she managed to not fall over. She took a few more steps before turning around with a smile. She looked up at Sam, who looked closer than she thought he was, and grinned widely.

"I did it," She told him. Sam nodded and smiled along with her. "Yeah, yeah you did." Raven and Sam locked eyes and she tilted her head slightly. Sam just stared at her, wondering whether or not he should lean in. He wanted so much to just kiss her, but he wasn't sure if she felt the same.

"Sam.."

"Hm?"

"You gonna keep staring at me or are you going to kiss me?" She asked with an expectant look. For a moment, Sam was speechless, but he should've expected her bluntness. It was normal for Raven. She didn't necessarily have a filter.