You'll Never See Me Walk Into A Starbucks | Ch. 5

Jay Kingston
----------------

A date, huh?

That girl is something special.

I mean, I'm surprised I agreed to that, but hey, we need her. If she could dig her way through firewalls put up by the government, she's talented, and I'm impressed. Even my hacker, Theo, couldn't do that.

No wonder she got into this school.

My phone begins ringing, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"We got him."

"Don't let them leave. Do whatever it takes, am I clear?" I ask in a cold, demanding tone.

"Understood, sir."

"Good. Don't disappoint me, Karli."

"I won't, sir."

I hang up on the newest gang member, and the youngest. He may be the newest, but damn, that kids got some skills. I swear, he's like a shadow. He can practically move anywhere without being detected.

Makes things a lot easier.

I begin making my way to the warehouse, where I'm greeted with a scent of something sour, unsettling. Blood.

I kick the door open, causing all heads to turn and any noise to silence. The deteriorated wood cracks under the immediate pressure, being the only audible movement in the room. I'm immediately met with the strong scent of cigar smoke and whiskey.

"Where is he?" I ask in the same threatening tone as I did over the phone.

"Here," A man, slumped in a chair with his hands zip tied behind his back. Blood drips from his mouth. "Sir," He mocks.

"Grayson," I let out a hollow, unamused laugh.

"What do you want, Jason?"

"You know what I want, Gray. Give it to me and we won't have a problem."

"Why would I do that?" He asks, chuckling.

"I told you, we won't have a problem," I kneel down in front of him, loving how he knows that he can't hurt me when he wants to so much.

"We already have a problem, sir," He spats, spitting bloody saliva on the ground next to me.

"Your right. But we don't want to make it worse, would we?"

Brielle
--------

I don't tell people my name.

That's one reason why you'll never see me walk into a Starbucks.

Names are simple, and most can't do any harm by knowing it, but see, I don't trust people that easily. The only person you can truly trust is yourself. NOT.

People lie to themselves to make the pain feel better, to make it go away, to not feel nervous, to feel okay. Luckily, I don't need to lie. I have no reason to and there will be very little situations where I'm not okay.

It's hard to hurt me. It's been a while since I've felt pain. Emotionally, anyways.

During class, the professor gave us a very... heated lecture. He was aggravated, I'll tell you that much. I knew he was going to grill everyone on the graffiti in the hallway before he even started talking. But damn, once that guy gets going, he does not stop easily.

I trust Lizzie with my name because... well, what the hell is that girl going to do? She's not fragile, but not rock solid either. She's like a sarcastic, less dangerous and edgy version of me.