eight

It was the night of the fundraiser and Talia was nervous about her kissing booth job.

Noah and Lee both agreed not to let her do it, but she and Elle decided differently. Talia was the reason why other people signed up to work the booth and she couldn't just ditch someone like that.

Plus, she was kind of the main event.

Talia paced back and forth as she stood alone, waiting for Noah to arrive at the fair. She was starting to hate her kind heart. Did she want to let random boys kiss her? No. But she made a promise to Elle and if she backed out now, it would disappoint her and prove that Noah was controlling her.

Noah parked his motorcycle in the lot and made his way to where Talia said she'd be. He was walking up to her from behind and he couldn't help but notice how nicely she dressed.

She wore light ripped jeans, a maroon strapless crop top, and a white cardigan over it. In shorter terms, she looked cute.

"You dressed nicely tonight," he greeted, standing close to her.

She jumped at the sudden presence next to her, earning a low chuckle from him.

"You know better than to do that!" she scolded. "But thank you. You don't look half bad either."

"Who are you trying to impress?" he asked, side-eyeing her with worry.

Talia giggled, making Noah's heart skip a beat.

"No one. I just felt like dressing cute."

Lee and Elle ran up to the stage and began to introduce their fundraising idea, earning cheers from the crowd. People lined up to get in on the action and for five dollars a kiss, they were about to earn a ton of money.

Talia and Noah hung back to watch everything unfold before them. Boys cheered each other on as their friends kissed one of the booth's girls.

A group of girls passed by and whispered to each other about when Flynn would be making his appearance.

"No one told them that I won't be working this awful thing?" Noah snorted.

"I guess they're just hopeful."

They kept themselves occupied by visiting others booths. Noah played at the same booth five times trying to win Talia a giant stuffed panda bear. 

Elle suddenly stumbled back onto the stage and nervously announced, "Here is the moment you've all been waiting for everyone: Flynn!"

The pair of best friends looked at each other in confusion as the crowd erupted in excited cheers.

"You agreed?" Talia shouted.

"Hell no!"

They turned their attention back to the stage as a hush fell over the crowd. Lee, Noah's little brother, stepped out from behind the curtains with an awkward smile.

"That's not Flynn!" a girl cried out angrily. "Give us Flynn!"

Noah erupted in a loud fit of laughter, but was drowned out by the angry crowd. Talia felt terrible that Lee stood with a regretful and sorrowful face.

He looked like he was about to give up. As he turned, a girl walked onto the stage and kissed him. It took Lee by surprise and he kissed her back.

"Holy shit!" Talia screamed, repeatedly slapping Noah as she stared in awe.

Noah flinched and tried to move away, yelling, "Dude! Stop! You're actually hurting me!"

Lee lifted up the eye mask and he smiled upon seeing the face of the girl who had kissed him. After sharing another kiss, he took her hand and they disappeared behind the curtain.