twelve

Talia and Noah have been "broken up" for a couple of weeks, and they've accepted it. It was actually going really well.

They were back to being strictly friends. Now they didn't need to feel the weight of their lies when they denied being together.

It was like a breath of relief for the teenage girl. She loved Noah, and maybe it was in a more romantic way, but she was glad that they ended things. This way, she could find what she was looking for: an actual relationship.

Though she couldn't find anyone that could perfectly suit her, she was still on the lookout.

Noah was quite miserable. He missed his perfect shot to tell her how she felt, and now she was looking everywhere for a boyfriend except for the one person standing right there: him.

Sitting at the lunch table, Lee, Elle, and Noah noticed that Talia was a little preoccupied with her smartphone. They were having a conversation but it was unusual for the girl to not be putting in her two cents.

"Why are you smiling at your phone like that?" Lee shouted, stretching his neck to see what was on Talia's phone screen.

The girl was quick to press her phone against her chest. This ensured that no one could see the text messages that she was getting.

"Give me that," Noah scoffed.

He reached over the table and grabbed the phone right out of her small hands.

"Noah!" she grunted, grabbing at the phone.

With a smirk, he put in her password and scrolled through the texts. Talia protested loudly, clawing at the boy. It didn't bother him though, he kept her away at arm's distance by placing his palm directly on her forehead.

Noah's smile quickly dropped as he began to read.

-

imessage with Jay

Jay
how's the day going for you beautiful?

Talia
it's a bit boring, i'm eating lunch right now

Jay
ahh well, i can't wait until afterschool
i'm excited to see you :)

Talia
i'm really excited to see you too
it's going to be the first date i'll have in a year
oh god tmi i'm so sorry

Jay
aww really? you haven't been on a single date in the past year?
that's hard to believe
a girl like you must have guys lining up the block

Talia
omg nooo not at all
but i'm finally back on the dating wagon

Jay
well i feel honored that i get to take you out

Talia
the pleasure is all mine :)

-

An expression of contempt fell on Noah's face. His eyebrows were furrowed and he chewed on the inside of his right cheek.

Talia sighed and buried her face in her hands, knowing that Noah was about to explode. She didn't even tell him that she was talking to a boy, let alone that she was going on a date later in the day.

"Is this why you said you weren't coming over today?" he questioned, a little bit of hostility present in his voice.

Lee and Elle awkwardly sat there and stabbed the food on their plates. It was quite entertaining, but they wished that they weren't so close to the war zone.