Chapter 3

I slowly stumbled towards the dark sinister castle. From a distance it had looked gloomy and the quite type of sinister, but close up, the castle looked ferocious! There was nothing quiet about it as it seemed to just shout, I am the over-powering ruler here, no one question my authority! I was slowly starting to regret my decision of coming to pay this enormous monster of a castle a visit. Would I have been safer to play it out with the wolves? Well, we will just have to find out...

     I approached the intricate, elaborate gates with a worried look on my face. I pushed them and to my surprise, they opened under the slightest bit of my weight. Why were they not locked? Was there something in here that no one dared to go near to, was that why they didn't lock the gates? Or maybe there was....

"I will not let any of these ideas penetrate my mind. There is nothing to fear" I muttered quietly to myself, if there was anyone else around, they would have surely thought I had gone insane.

I paused for a few minutes, wondering if this was actually a sensible idea, and what I was getting myself into. It had better be worth it.

     By now, I couldn't stop shaking. I thought my heart was about to burst out of my chest, this was not a feeling I was used to! There was a large metal knocker on the door, it was of the image of a raven, and around it there was signs of some sort, but I could not tell what they were. However, they appeared to be very negative and I was sure one represented death.

     Now I was seriously starting to regret this. I was considering running for a second, away from this demonic place, when the door suddenly opened. I haven't even knocked. It was too late now though, there was no escaping whatever horrors lay ahead for me.