| N I G H T S I X |

On the sixth night, both of them were smiling, but for two different reasons.

Shiloh smiled because he had planned out his second reason. He had been serious. He was going to show Hensley five reasons to love the night.

Hensley was smiling because not only had she been complimented by the guy she sorta-kinda liked, but she had had the best sleep in what seemed like forever.

"Hensley, I wanna show you something." her head rested on his shoulder again and she was humming again.

She perked up at his suggestion and arched her eyebrow. She hadn't done that before but Shiloh found it insanely attractive.

"What is it?" Her voice wasn't nearly as tired as usual and Shiloh knew it had to do with their impromptu nap last night.

"It's reason number two on why you should love the night." He stood and dusted off his jeans before taking her hand.

She willingly let him drag her out of the park and into the main streets. He passed the flickering lights and stepped onto the plaza that was bustling with night life.

He held out his arms in a ta-da fashion.

"Reason number two. The night life. Every sign, every street act, every food gets so much livelier and better at night. It's amazing." Hensley looked at Shiloh - really looked at him.

The gleam in his eye put any flashing light and neon sign to shame and a blush made it's way to her cheeks as she realized she really, really liked him.

And at this moment she wanted it to stay night forever, so he could drag her to the plaza, hold her close and go on and on about how beautiful life was.

And she'd listen.

So, my birthday is tomorrow...

Dedicated to the winner of my one shot competition : @Willamina